logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bluelagune  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 6:26:15 AM(UTC)
bluelagune

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey,
i search for a cam for my home green screen studio. Do anybody use the gopro 3 black with vmix, in the highest resolution?

Thanks
Phill
Ittaidv  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 8:55:00 PM(UTC)
Ittaidv

Groups: Registered
Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 75 post(s)
We worked with gopro 3 black and silver in the very beginning. It works, but it's not the best for fieldwork. In the studio it should have less problems.

You can power them with a usb phone charger and a usb chord, and take out the battery for longer sessions to avoid heating.

If it doesn't connect, prepare for some fiddling in difficult menu's.

Maximum resolution is 1080 30 if i'm not mistaken.

However, don't use this for very long sessions, or if you want to set up fast. Gopro's tend to be very frustrating gear in my experience.

If you want something similar that just works, has a screen and is also cheap: Canon legria mini X. This is a super camera, has better image (colors are better), and has a color screen. It also has the fisheye lens. It has a tripod screw and a stand on it's own and looks a lot better and more pro in my opinion. In case of emergency, you can zoom it, but that lowers the image quality. Also the built in mics are very good, and it has an external mic input. Depending on where you buy it, the price is not so much more..

However.. If you want to use your camera for greenscreen studio work, on both these camera's the fisheye lens might not be the best. Almost any canon vixia/legria cheap handy cam has uncompressed out these days, so if you don't want distortions, I would buy those instead.