logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tdurhamjr  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 12:31:45 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Hoping some of you out there who have used the telestrator that Havard did, can offer some setup input.

I have always just added the Telestrator (swf file) to the video delay inputs (what I use for instant replay) But we are now using them on the live camera inputs as well.
I do instant replays all game. I que the replay video up on preview, then cut it to active and have it set to play on transition. Sometimes our commentators want to telestrate but often I just run them without any telestrating being done.

When the commentators (who are on floor below me) want to telestrate, they have to pause the video, back it up to where they want, draw on it, play it, and clear the drawing. I have them a 24" touchscreen monitor that is setup as a "duplicate" of my vmix monitor. They do not have a keyboard but just use the touch screen functionality to run the Telestrator.

The commentators will usually say "if we can get that replay" and I know they want to telestrate. I need to see if there is a way to run short cuts 1) Move video over without playing so they can draw or 2) move it over to live and "autoplay". I could possibly leave the "autoplay with transition" unchecked and use a trigger to auto play it when I want to go that route??

I wish I could have telestrator tied to the "output" (or preview) window and NOT the actual input itself. Or at least have it so that it is disabled in the "small preview inputs" at the bottom.

Having the Telestrator is very nice but I sure wish the functionality was much better. But Sondre or Havaard only charged $15 so I can't really complain :)

Maybe Martin can add that in sometime as a function of vMix and not a SWF addon ;) That would be really nice!!

If anyone is using triggers, or any other special setups with the Telestrator I would love to hear how you are doing it. What have you done to overcome some of the shortcomings of the SWF file method?

Tim