logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Duff TV  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2015 5:57:11 PM(UTC)
Duff TV

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I film sport and my customers until recently have purchased DVD's from me. People watch games with commentary in the lounge room or online so I am trying maximize the very best quality based on the equipment I use.

I use a Canon XF305 and 205. They both have HD-SDI output. Up until last week I would output from the cameras interlaced and set Vmix to record interlaced.
The Canon XF cameras only output 1080i and not 1080P although the 205 when set to MP4 recording records to SD card 1920X1080P. I havent tested if it outputs 1080P though. I prefer using the 305 as it has bigger dials and makes adjusting iris and zooming much easier. I often film for 6-7 hours at a time so its good being on a better beast.

Last Saturday I outputed 720/50P and recorded 720/50P. To get games to 8 gig USB Flash drives I outputed via my editing Software Edius a MPEG4.

Here are my test results.

TEST 1 Camera 1080i output to Vmix recording @ 1080i then export MPEG4 @ 7M via interlaced project in Edius results in Footage having some artifacts in panning (grass for instance breaks up giving a compressed overall look)

TEST 2. Camera 720P output to Vmix recording @ 720P then export MPEG4 @ 7M via progressive project in Edius results in Footage very smooth with virtually no artifacts.

Q. Has anyone tested outputting in 1080i from the camera but recording in 1080P in Vmix and does this result in better picture quality than 720P output from camera and recording in Vmix in 720P.