logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
h2video.nl  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2015 10:17:52 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Hi Martin,
it would be nice to be able to use a midi controller to pan a multiview input. there are currently no listings of multiview inputs and using a virtual input and use the midi handle on that input does not work ( the inout settings go from -2 to 2 but midi will go from 1 - 128 or something.

could you see if you can provide a midi handle for one or two multiview inputs ( underlying inputs ) on one or two multiviews. I guess if you provide this for evey possible number of multiviews and up to 8 multiview inputs it will be a lot. so maybe only enabled for active inputs like for virtual inputs once they are there.

I just need it on one multiview input per multiview. so a tickbox to generate the midi handle when you set up the multiview could also be an option. if you tick that you can look up the input in the midi control list etc.

greetings
stefan

thanks 1 user thanked h2video.nl for this useful post.
daniel514 on 12/5/2015(UTC)
daniel514  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2015 10:59:46 AM(UTC)
daniel514

Canada

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I dont want to duplicate or mess with this tread but i got a new request at:
http://forums.vmix.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=5264

I see how useful it can be!

Even better would be a revamp of multiview!

i like to see:

*Cropping to be "Floating" to re frame a part of input like a cache but the result of the crop being static into multiview....
* midi handle as stefan explain to remotely move content of this floating crop.... pan x y and zoom....
*mouse over preview to move content of the floating crop... for fast re framing pan tilt zoom
*Duplicate to include all overlays sources to quickly duplicate setups.... (i hate wirecast, but for this you can have a look the way they do it...)
*UNDO .... cause we do errors when moving stuff....

Example:
Left shot is a unoperated camera for Q&As... its a lot wider to have option to crop depending on height of the speaker...
It would be so easy and quick to have in preview just mouse over the zone of the cropped shot to "pan tilt zoom" this frame as a "virtual cameraMAN"!

UserPostedImage

Even better... new function based on the new amazing Merge transition...: PTZtoMERGE
Based on the screenshot and concept of cropping into a frame, let say you mouse over preview to re frame the cropping, when you are happy with the new frame you release the mouse and automatically Merge to program if it's Live....It would create an effect of a smooth pan tilt zoom, you could follow a speaker moving out of framing this way!

h2video.nl  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2015 11:28:05 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
hi Daniel,
I agree, multiview is one of the more creative input assets in vmix.

it would also be very usefull to save, name and export multiview layouts, because i use them quite a bit and have to set them up every time.

so a revamp would preferably start with an inventory of what users want, and prioritise according to usefullness and implementation time.

anyway: if it would be feasible to start with the simple midi control over the pan x that is already there I could wait a little bit longer for the multiview 3.0...

stefan
richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2015 12:00:21 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
@daniel, in v16 you can duplicate (actually create Virtual input) MultiViews.

@stefan, there is a FR for Export/Import individual inputs (v16 supports importing/exporting shortcuts)

Se also the topic on mangled MultiView issues.