logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MegaJos  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2015 3:12:04 PM(UTC)
MegaJos

Groups: Registered

I have gotten the motherload of meltdowns on my computer. I've sent the mail below to a few places to get some input.

"I've used vMix for about a year and have quite some issues.

Recently I found out that I couldn't use the function video delay. It worked fine last spring. I saw that the CPU peaked (not in vMix, in taskmanager). So I bought a new CPU but still have the same issue. Below is my setup:

Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5
3TB Seagate Desktop HDD 7200rpm 64MB
Samsung SSD PRO 850-Series 256GB 2 pc
ADATA 16GB (2x8GB) CL9 1600MHz XPG INET EDITION
Intel Core i5 4690K 3,5 GHz, 6MB
MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB GAMING ITX
Lian Li PC-V352A Silver
Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze
ASUS Intern BW-16D1HT Blu-Ray/DVD brännare Svart, BULK
Yuan SC510N4
vMix HD

I bought a new CPU in Intel Core i7 4790K 4GHz, 8MB and some Noctua cooling for both CPU and chassie.

In vMix I use two HDMI-inputs of the Yuan-card with one virtual output, video delay to a SSD with two playback lists and say 10 inputs with different but simple XAML graphics and audio (not at the same time). Plus stream thru FFMPEG to Solidtango and saving locally to the Seagate disk.

According to the recommended settings on vMix homepage my setup should be used at about half but I'm at 80-90% of the CPU usage just by starting local recording and stream.

So, what am I doing wrong? The updates in vMix can't have made the system mess upp this much?

Feel free to ask me questions, but please hurry. I need the computer fixed this week.

Best wishes
Fredrik"

To this I might add that the audio is out of sync at all times, whether I use vMix or not. I can't connect a headset and speak in the mic because there is a delay of like 50 ms. I vMix the delay is about the double.

I haven't tried to change card slot yet.

Please help!
sinc747  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2015 12:38:19 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 197 time(s) in 163 post(s)
Can you share some more information like your camera resolution(s), your vMix resolution, your recording resolution and your streaming resolution/bit rate?

jmcmniku  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2015 10:39:31 AM(UTC)
jmcmniku

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Is the problem the same if you pick out your graphics adapter? ( you have the built in Intel graphics during the tests ). Which PCIe slots are populated and with which cards? Have you tried to shift the capture card and grahics card? Is the result the same?
MegaJos  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 2:59:28 PM(UTC)
MegaJos

I do 1920x1080 50i on both cameras. Both recording and streaming is in regular HD 1280x720p. I'm not sure what you mean by vMix resolution, sinc747.

I haven't tried with the built in graphics and haven't moved any card. I built the computer in a crappy box so it takes ages to remove anything. But I guess I have no choice, jmcmniku.

Today I tried to record with the built in FFMPEG. That resulted in a 4.4GB file with 5 SECONDS of black. The CPU didn't peak but I still couldn't record a video delay. Nothing works! Tomorrow I will try a older version of vMix. If that won't work I have to reinstall Windows.

Fact: the pile of crap computer worked perfectly in february with the i5 processor and same graphics card and everything else. Recording and video delay worked flawlessley and I never received a error message. All in HD.