logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
johnbosch  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 20, 2015 4:51:27 PM(UTC)
johnbosch

Groups: Registered

I am looking to use VMIX as an audio mixer as well, most of the needs are build in nowadays.
Although its called VMIX I believe it should handle audio as well.
I have tried to use an audio input (soundcard) as an live input wich work, but there is an audio delay, therefore its not useable in a live environment.
Maybe I have missed a setting, but its more important that the live (external) inputs are without any delay than the Video inputs.

Also it would be higlhy recommend that the audio faders are adjustable in size, there are just to difficult to handle in the size as they are now.

I am sure that other users want to have this almost complete feature build in an more "user friendly interface".

and last but not least, How about an touchscreen GUI?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

admin  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2015 2:52:02 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi John,

Thankyou for your suggestions.
Please note that the audio is delayed in vMix to match the camera inputs which usually have a couple of frames of delay.
If the audio is delayed even more than the video let me know the soundcard model for further investigation.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
johnbosch  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2015 3:40:08 AM(UTC)
johnbosch

Hello Martin ,

That makes sense if you attach the audio to a camera input.

I only want to have some realtime audio inputs without delay, no video assigned!
It's otherwise very difficult to use it in an full duplex mode where you hear yourself back trough headphone.

Thanks John
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2015 1:59:15 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
This would be a very interesting feature if it is at all possible, an auxiliary 'Live' audio feed for headphone playback.
I've never come across that with 'computer' audio, there seems to be an inherent delay in the processing that can really mess with ones ability to speak coherently.
(Someone correct me if I am wrong or misinformed)
I'm thinking that if it were possible, we would have seen it already.

Just my thoughts.

Ice
ovinas  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2015 2:39:10 AM(UTC)
ovinas

Man

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Even if vMix won't add any latency it's impossible to have a "NO DELAY" input/output.
Some useful informations about this:
https://www.presonus.com...ut-Digital-Audio-Latency
http://us.focusrite.com/...y-issues-with-interfaces
Or just google for "audio interface latency".
richardgatarski  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2015 4:03:03 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
I believe that analog Audio Inputs (ie an Audio Input not via USB/ASIO) is virtually without delay.

admin wrote:
Please note that the audio is delayed in vMix to match the camera inputs which usually have a couple of frames of delay.vMix

Is vMix adding an (undocumented) delay on Camera Input audio devices?
ovinas  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2015 4:19:24 AM(UTC)
ovinas

Man

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 49 post(s)
richardgatarski wrote:
I believe that analog Audio Inputs (ie an Audio Input not via USB/ASIO) is virtually without delay.

Try this little tool and you will see the reality:
http://www.oblique-audio.com/free/rtlutility
tdurhamjr  
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2015 9:00:28 AM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
admin wrote:
Hi John,

Thankyou for your suggestions.
Please note that the audio is delayed in vMix to match the camera inputs which usually have a couple of frames of delay.
If the audio is delayed even more than the video let me know the soundcard model for further investigation.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Martin, I am using a Behringer XR18 Air connecting via USB. When I watched some of the replay from our game last night the audio was about 2-3 seconds delayed. I had one viewer who texted early in the game that the audio was 5 seconds ahead, so I closed the audio input and readded it (ASIO channel 1/2). I assumed it was fixed but it was actually about 2-3 seconds behind. I have not noticed us having this problem in the past and I'm wondering if this could be a bug or just a one time fluke? All Audio is input thru the XR18, none from cameras.

Tim
admin  
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2015 9:55:41 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi Tim,

You mentioned it being ahead and behind, so if you could clarify exactly how the audio differed from the video
that will help isolate the problem.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
tdurhamjr  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 11:56:07 AM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Hi Martin,
In the past I have have not had any issues with audio/video sync. I had a regular viewer text me that the audio was almost 5 seconds ahead of the video. So I simply closed the audio input (Behringer USB via ASIO channel 1/2) and readded the audio input (I did not stop the live stream). He said it was fine after that. But when I went back and watched the replay of the game (on www.thecube.com) I found the audio to be about 2-3 seconds behind the video. I did not watch any of the live stream myself to see what it was doing (ie on my phone) :(

To be honest, I am not sure if the audio was lagging 2 seconds behind after closing and adding the Audio Input back in. People will certainly notice the audio being ahead since the commentators are talking about something that has not yet happened. But if it is 2 seconds behind, some viewers may not pick up on it as much.

Next time I will
1) Watch the live feed on my phone with a headset to verify the audio/video are in sync.
2) Check the render time, etc. That has also never been an issue what so ever but I can not recall what it was this past game.

After adding the ASIO input, I could not make any changes to the delay of the audio. The field is there but it can not be changed.

Hope this helps.

Tim