logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mattd_br  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2015 8:04:28 AM(UTC)
mattd_br

Groups: Registered

I apologize if this is answered somewhere; I did search and couldn't find clarification.

New to vMix; performing an implementation in my church to replace a Roland V4/V8 combination using SD. For the new setup I've purchased a few BlackMagic Decklink SDI single input capture cards, MiniMontor card for output. I've done some preliminary testing and am quite pleased. Setup is a little complex because mixed camera output is sent to some Macs for PVP 2 / ProPresenter mapping to output to the 4 projectors. Since multimedia material is currently played on the Mac, along with overlay of lyrics, an overlay channel (chroma keyed) signal is sent back from the Macs containing this content. It will be overlaid and applied to an secondary output which goes to satellite TV's, under the mezzanine and such.

Having moved from a different presentation system for media content to the Mac software has been a challenge, since a lot of speakers use PowerPoint for their ministry and even this doesn't work well in ProPresenter. It would be beautiful if we could use vMix desktop capture to bring in the content and output it separately to go to the Mac for mapping (we don't want the desktop capture/multimedia content to take the place of the camera feed output).

Since we're already using 2 outputs (one goes to the satellite TV's - external output using BlackMagic minimonitor, and the other main output goes to the Mac capture for camera signal), can I use another External Output to send a mix just of the vMix desktop capture?

From what I read, an External Output (in this case without dedicated hardware), seems to work like a stream. If I set the overlays correctly, I should be able to single out just this input. Does anyone know if PVP 2/ProPresenter can then capture this stream?

I'm working on a diagram which I can later attach which may be helpful here. I'd welcome any feedback as to best practices or recommendations.
Thank-you!
Matt