logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
apell  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 6:57:07 PM(UTC)
apell

Groups: Registered

Hello.
I want to work simultaneously three web cameras in vmix SD, but when I plug the third camera it is not accepting , there is a limit?
Thank you
Apostolos
Speegs  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 7:51:09 PM(UTC)
Speegs

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
apell wrote:
Hello.
I want to work simultaneously three web cameras in vmix SD, but when I plug the third camera it is not accepting , there is a limit?
Thank you
Apostolos

AFAIK there is no limit on Vmix SD - 1000 capture inputs, like to see a computer that can do 1000. (says limit is the same as Vmix HD).

I've worked with 4 x Magewell USB devices (which emulate a Webcam as they don't use a driver) with VMix HD. In theory what you are doing should work fine.

Maybe see if you can get another program to take the 3 x SD USB cameras and display them on the screen @ once to see if it's VMix or your system/cameras/drivers are just not doing it?

You need to work through a pattern of elimination to gain more information. Trying different things until you have enough information to figure out the true cause of the problem.

I'd try booting with them all plugged in. Adding them after boot, changing the order. Trying to figure out which USB buses the cameras are on, often USB ports share a channel or bus. Sometimes moving the Cameras around will spread the load more evenly across those buses. On HD Cameras this is very important, on SD Cameras it may not be as critical since they would require less bandwidth on the usb. Keep notes of what you have tried already and hopefully you will see a pattern and work out why. Once you understand why your setup works in that manner it's easier to configure it correctly.

Drivers could be very important if your Cameras actually require drivers.

Of course check all Cameras are actually set to a max resolution of 768x576 and you didn't just set something to a default resolution higher than your Vmix license allows, could be as simple as that.
ask  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 3:25:54 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
This is usually a limitation of the USB Bus. If you have a PC try adding a separate PCIe USB card. A web search will give you lots of info on this issue.
apell  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 8:51:45 AM(UTC)
apell

I greet, think you gave me a lot of help.
Everything is OK now.
It was in USB input problem.
All three cameras work properly.
By the way, look for help entering a source through Skype talk...
I send you heartfelt thank
Apostolos
madness  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 1:48:44 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 29 post(s)
As I found out with USB3, you need dedicated channels for each Webcam. That's why I purchased a 4 port USB3 card with dedicated channels. otherwise I would get bandwidth errors.

I never understood why I couldn't put multiple USB2 cameras on a single USB3 port like I could with USB2. Putting 2 cameras on a single USB2 port did kill the video quality, but to do the same on a USB3 channel is near impossible, even with the added bandwidth.
Truthsforliving  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 6:23:55 PM(UTC)
Truthsforliving

Man

I have been running into the same or similar experience. We are trying / wanting to have three cameras, a green screen and additional capture ports for sound, PowerPoint, video, screen capture, title overlays, slit or multiple screens etc....

I don't know if I am doing something wrong or not but it tells me I am only allowed two capture ports? I am trying the basic. My question is which plan do I need as an adequate plan for what I have mentioned. We are just a small not for profit and can't afford the larger program model so I don't want to keep trying to make it work if that is what I will have to use. Sorry for the lengthy question but I am unclear as to what classifies as to put me over the limit for the above needs with additional room or options to spare..

Also, are there any training videos on green screen or chroma key which have been produced with the most recent release?
How to use an external monitor and other training would also be helpful...

Thank you
sinc747  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 9:11:37 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Truthsforliving wrote:
I don't know if I am doing something wrong or not but it tells me I am only allowed two capture ports? I am trying the basic.

The Basic Edition is limited to 2 capture inputs (cameras) and 4 total inputs (cameras plus overlays, videos, etc.). You will need to upgrade to the vMix SD Edition ($150US) in order to input 3 cameras.
thanks 1 user thanked sinc747 for this useful post.
Truthsforliving on 9/18/2015(UTC)
AlanZ  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 11:41:54 PM(UTC)
AlanZ

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 37 post(s)
The basic HD version $60 allows 3 cameras. That might be sufficient.
thanks 1 user thanked AlanZ for this useful post.
Truthsforliving on 9/18/2015(UTC)