logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
halgatewood  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 10:46:04 AM(UTC)
halgatewood

Groups: Registered

Has anyone successfully used the JVC GV-LS2 or JVC GV-LS1 with vMix?

Thanks.
Laurent  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 4:37:19 AM(UTC)
Laurent

Has anyone successfully bought on of theses camera ?
i read that the GV-LS2 is only 15fps...

i am very interesting by this camera for streaming, but it is actualy very hard to find it...
Vince  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2013 6:02:53 PM(UTC)
Vince

Yes I'm also interested in this cam

I hope the RTSP streaming support in the upcoming release of Vmix will work with it
admin  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2013 9:16:18 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4166 time(s) in 1497 post(s)
From what I can tell from the documentation they use a proprietary protocol so RTSP support does not seem likely.
They do, however, come with a "Camera Driver" you can install in Windows that will bring in the network feed and present it as a camera you can select in vMix.

We haven't tested to see if this "Camera" works with vMix, so perhaps someone who has one of these cameras can find out for sure.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
h2video.nl  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2013 8:34:21 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Hi Martin,

I am interested in this discussion and especially your recommendations based on tested systems.

Could you give some directions related to usefull network camera's that will benefit of the planned new capabilities. Could you also give some info about why and how to make the best of "RTSP support for Teradek Cube and other Network Camera sources that support H264 Video and AAC Audio".

What can we expect in terms of components and ease of use.

I now use a simple system of balanced components: panasonic 3 CCD camera on a simple plan tilt head connected through HDMI direct (and for longer distances i can use CAT6 cables to extend up to 30 tot 60 meters). Remote control through the remote-control provided (and extende through the HDMI extender system). In my experience the next step up using an IP camera with build in pan-tilt etc will involve a 5 tot 10 fold price tag. But I am alway interested in tips that will provide a better optimum in portablity, integration and maintaining quality.

The suggested system here is inetesting (around 1200 US), but I wonder what you are using and thinking of.

Cheers,
Stefan
admin  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2013 9:59:21 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4166 time(s) in 1497 post(s)
Hi Stefan,

I would recommend sticking to traditional cameras with SDI/HDMI where possible.

IP Cameras (RTSP) send out compressed video, so the quality is not as good and there is a delay involved.
They are mainly designed for situations where the camera needs to be far away from the computer.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
stmurphy65  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 4:49:54 PM(UTC)
stmurphy65

Man

admin wrote:
...however, come with a "Camera Driver" you can install in Windows that will bring in the network feed and present it as a camera you can select in vMix.

How many network feeds, aka wireless camera feeds, would vmix be able to handle? These cams stream at 5Mb which is pretty good.

epicenter800  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 4:38:51 PM(UTC)
epicenter800

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello All!

Just checking to see if there any JVC LS2 owners and vMix users that have successfully been able to incorporate the two. I installed and register camera with the JVC Cam Driver, yet I am unable to find the camera under the list in vMix. I am currently evaluating both vMix and Wirecast. The JVC shows up immediately in Wirecast's camera list. I would prefer to use vMix as it has options such as multicorder and its very easy to use. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Cheers!
Mike
epicenter800  
#9 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 3:27:17 AM(UTC)
epicenter800

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Sorry all,

But I found the following through a google search. Any idea if this might help. Again, sorry for the ignorance.

"In the thread there were numerous questions around and API, and RTSP support. AFAIK, no direct RTSP support is available. However, there is a very simple way to get MPEG-TS from the webserver on the camera.

I have code available at:
https://github.com/jsight/GVLS2Proxy

I am confident that someone here could figure out how to mirror this to RTSP if that is needed to make it work with VidBlaster. I've done a bit of work to reverse engineer this aspect of their API, and I would be happy to answer any questions that you may have in terms of interfacing with the camera.

I have not decoded the interface for PTZ, but it is all JSON based, so it would not be difficut for someone to do. "

Cheers,
Mike
Doug Hurd  
#10 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2014 11:51:24 PM(UTC)
Doug Hurd

I have been using the JVC GV-LS2 camera for two years with Ustream Producer (Wirecast) to broadcast our shows from our venue here in Reno Nevada www.studioon4th.com and would also like to see it added to vMix. It is a great camera for the price and I would like to add three more but would like to use vMix. I currently use vMix for local broadcasting to screens around our venue but have to use Ustream Producer for web casting and recording.
ihtus  
#11 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 1:15:30 PM(UTC)
ihtus

we were about to buy this camera for our church live streaming.. but found this video (
) where the guy is saying it has a considerable delay 3-5 sec.

Also found this post about the delay - http://forum.vidblaster....p=27084&postcount=17
Whole topic - http://forum.vidblaster....ad.php?t=3873&page=2

The guys says it cannot record on SD card while in HD mode.

I think admin (Martin) is right. The best choice would be with HDMI out.
PastorJorgeL  
#12 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 5:44:46 PM(UTC)
PastorJorgeL

JVC GV-LS2 ..

I just spent some good couple of hours trying to figure out how to connect the camera to a streaming software. I was able to connect to PRODUCER from ustream right away (however only in MPEG2 TS (SD) since I am using the free version of PRODUCER.

However when trying on VMIX and adding the camera, VMIX just takes a long time. Two things happen. VMIX closes with an error, or only a green screen comes out, Also I get a message that VMIX can Login to the camera.

COuld someone tell me if this works at all or am I trying something impossible.

THX

hawkmm  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2015 5:20:16 PM(UTC)
hawkmm

Can you PLEASE add support for this camera? It's very popular for places of worship. We've just gotten one but cannot get it to work in vMix (crashes) or FMLE (audio format error, only displays the first video frame). I REALLY don't like Wirecast and don't want to use Producer, either, as I'm streaming to my own server, but these two programs are reportedly the only ones that get along with it.

vMix 64-bit doesn't recognize the JVC driver software at all, but the 32-bit does. However, selecting one of the JVC inputs crashes vMix with no error message. Would be happy to give whatever access may be needed to debug.

Thanks,
Patrick
isaia  
#14 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2015 4:33:12 PM(UTC)
isaia

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I would be interested to know it any real progress has been made for this camera as we are interested to purchase some as well.

If Tech guys from Vmix could step in and drop a line here that actually users can go by would be good.

It is ok to know.. that it does not work, at least we are going to look some other hardware, or if there are some ways to get this working... then please do.

Thank you
tnorrell  
#15 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2015 12:47:41 PM(UTC)
tnorrell

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
The Problem with these cameras is that they don't directly support RTSP. They do broadcast an RTSP stream, but it is encapsulated inside of a MPEG-TS wrapper, which vMix doesn't currently support. While some would love to see support added, the problem is that JVC is the only camera I know of that encapsulates it's stream in that way. I'm not on the vMix technical team, but from what I understand about working with video over the network, the amount of work that would be required for the vMix team to reverse engineer the MPEG-TS stream and pull out the RTSP stream makes it a difficult features to justify.