logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kgoodyer  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 9:13:03 AM(UTC)
kgoodyer

Groups: Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hi

A few weeks ago I reported an issue with Flash transparency and VMIX, and was pretty much assured that I must be doing it wrong. I have two systems set up, both virtually identical with exception to the Graphics Card which are slightly different. Both are running Windows 7 SP1, VMIX 16.0.0.86 and Flash 10.0.0.232. I am running the same flash application on both boxes. The main diffrence between the boxes is one has an Nvidia Gforce GFX960 the other a GFX970.

The flash application displays a transparent stage with three images place on it. I fade the images in and out by setting the .alpha function of the images in the flash component. The value set in flash is 0 for 100% transparent and 1 is for totaly opaque. I increase (or decrease) the .alpha value over a number of frames to effect a fade up/down of the images.

On one platform (GFX960) everything works fine and as expected. However on the (GFX970) whilst the stage remains transparent, the images fade to a black background, which does not vanish until .alpha=0. This makes the transitions look very dirty.

In simple terms (only where images exist) if .alpha <> 0 the you get black squares but only on the GFX970 system, on the GFX960 based system .alpha works perfectly, and I get nice 59.94fps fade ins and fade outs.

Any Ideas... maybe a problem with the GFX 970?

All the Best

Keith
kgoodyer  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 6:45:38 PM(UTC)
kgoodyer

Groups: Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Update: Pretty much isolated this issue to the NVIDIA GFX 970/980 Card. Everything works perfectly on a GFX 960 Card, but failed on several GFX 960/970 cards. I'm sure this is an Adobe problem not a Vmix issue. I will do some hunting around some Flash/Adobe forums.

Keith