logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
waldron18  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 4:57:51 AM(UTC)
waldron18

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi

I just purchased a SC510N4 HDMI capture card from Yuan.

My PC was working perfectly and then I put in the Yuan card. When I went to start my PC it then just got stuck on a black screen and I couldn't even load windows. I then persevered and could only get windows to load if I removed the black magic card. Having all three cards install caused the black screen issue.

Once in windows I now have an issue where Windows 10 just randomly shuts down without warning. No stability at all. It happens almost immediately after adding an input to vmix too. So it has to have something to do with the yuan card as I have not had an issue until this point.

Here are the specs of my PC:

- Motherboard: x79 asus rampage vi black edition
- CPU: 2011 intel i7 3930k
- RAM: Corsair Dominator platinum 1600mhz (4x4gb)
- GPU: asus GTX 780 direct CUII
- Power supply: corsair axi1200
- Cooling: intel Aztec 120mm water cooler
- OS drive: Samsung Evo 120gb SSD x2 in raid 0
- Storage: WD black caviar 2TB
- 2 x Blackmagic Decklink Duo Cards

Any help would be greatly appreciated... has anyone else had an issue with the Yuan cards?

Cheers
Len56  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 5:28:24 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I am using the YUAN SC510N4 HDMI capture card with a BM Intensity Pro card installed but I am using Windows 7 and everything is working fine.

Have you updated your YUAN card to the latest drivers for windows 10?.... see the link here: http://www.yuan.com.tw/e...mixdriver/vmixdriver.htm

I suggest you uninstall both the Blackmagic cards, reboot your machine and install the latest YUAN driver from the link above, reboot again and see if it works, then reinstall your two BM cards with the latest drivers for your BM cards, then reboot and see if you still have the same problems.

waldron18  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 6:13:47 AM(UTC)
waldron18

Len56 wrote:
I am using the YUAN SC510N4 HDMI capture card with a BM Intensity Pro card installed but I am using Windows 7 and everything is working fine.

Have you updated your YUAN card to the latest drivers for windows 10?.... see the link here: http://www.yuan.com.tw/e...mixdriver/vmixdriver.htm

I suggest you uninstall both the Blackmagic cards, reboot your machine and install the latest YUAN driver from the link above, reboot again and see if it works, then reinstall your two BM cards with the latest drivers for your BM cards, then reboot and see if you still have the same problems.

Thanks Len56... I'll give it a try!

I'm just doing a complete Windows 10 re-install so I can start from scratch. It was a pretty new install anyway so not a big deal.

With the SC510N4 HDMI when I got it working before windows crashed, the preview window just showed HDCP when I had a Mac plugged in. Is that card HDCP compliant? Any way around that?
Len56  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 7:25:28 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

waldron18

I have sent you a PM regarding the HDCP problem.
waldron18  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 8:38:57 AM(UTC)
waldron18

Len56 wrote:
waldron18

I have sent you a PM regarding the HDCP problem.

Thanks so much for that. I've installed a fresh version of windows and also the drivers.

So the problem appears to be that when I have all three of my capture cards installed (2 Decklink Duos and 1 Yuan HDMI) windows 10 doesn't want to load. It just goes through the motions of starting up and then a black screen before it gets into the login area.

Any thoughts at all?

Cheers
Len56  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 12:47:04 PM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

What PCiE slot have you got the YUAN card in? I have my GTX760 card in the top slot and the YUAN card in the second slot and my BM intensity pro in the third slot.

It maybe you are getting a conflict some ware so go into (start > all programs > accessories > system tools and click on system info and look up hardware recourses and conflicts/sharing, you may see a problem there.

And try installing the YUAN card and one of the BM Decklink Duo Cards and see if that works.
waldron18  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 7:29:56 PM(UTC)
waldron18

Len56 wrote:
What PCiE slot have you got the YUAN card in? I have my GTX760 card in the top slot and the YUAN card in the second slot and my BM intensity pro in the third slot.

It maybe you are getting a conflict some ware so go into (start > all programs > accessories > system tools and click on system info and look up hardware recourses and conflicts/sharing, you may see a problem there.

And try installing the YUAN card and one of the BM Decklink Duo Cards and see if that works.

Thanks for the suggestion Len56.

If I have one Decklink Duo and Yuan card installed then my computer works fine. It's as soon as I put in the third card it just doesn't like it. So at least I've eliminated the Yuan issue as it appears to not matter about the combination of cards. It seems to be the number of cards.

I'll have a look at those windows settings as suggested. The issue being that when I get the error with 3 cards I can't actually get into Windows to check! ohhh you have to love computers!
Len56  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 10:10:12 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

waldron18 wrote:
Len56 wrote:

If I have one Decklink Duo and Yuan card installed then my computer works fine. It's as soon as I put in the third card it just doesn't like it. So at least I've eliminated the Yuan issue as it appears to not matter about the combination of cards. It seems to be the number of cards.

I'll have a look at those windows settings as suggested. The issue being that when I get the error with 3 cards I can't actually get into Windows to check! ohhh you have to love computers!

waldron18,

What made you go for 2 DeckLink Duo cards instead of 1 DeckLink Quad card?

Len.
waldron18  
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 11:54:48 PM(UTC)
waldron18

Len56 wrote:
waldron18 wrote:
Len56 wrote:

waldron18,

What made you go for 2 DeckLink Duo cards instead of 1 DeckLink Quad card?

Len.

Hi Len

I went with 2 duo's for price purposes only. In Australia the Quads are about $1300 and I managed to get two Duo's delivered for $600AUD. They were secondhand but they work perfectly. So It was just me saving money.

I have an update though.... The issue ended up being that I had all three cards in the large PCI-E slots and for some reason the computer didn't like it. As soon as I put one of my three cards in one of the smaller (shorter) PCI-E slots everything was fine. I have no explanation for this except all I can say is that the machine is working, cards are working and it is really stable.

So if anyone else experiences this, it could be a similar issue.

Thanks so much for your input... It's a great help to know people are there to support!

Cheers
Len56  
#10 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2015 1:32:47 PM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Hi Waldron18,

I am glad I could help and everything is now working fine.

Have a great time with vMix.

Len.