logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ClementN  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2015 11:16:54 AM(UTC)
ClementN

Groups: Registered
Romania

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Hello,

We already started to implement " Shortcuts can now optionally be assigned by Number instead of moving with a particular input."
the
The problem here is the logic and implementation can be ruined if anyone move the inputs by mistake (ex. wanting to manually put a certain input in front of others).

I think there is a need for "locking" or other kind of position protection for some of the inputs.
In our case, the protection should not be total, as we change the input number by shortcuts or scripts.

The best scenario will be if the checked inputs will preserve there position while the other inputs are moved around manually.
richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2015 4:15:55 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Clement,
Although I understand (I think) what you are saying, I do not understand the problem.
You can still assign a shortcut to a particular Input, which means that the shortcut will follow that Input wherever it is moved...
ClementN  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2015 4:25:54 AM(UTC)
ClementN

Romania

Our Scenario:

We have 2-3 modules for PowerPoint.

Only one of them is main and is controled by midi (previous-next) by the speaker from the stage. That main PPT module is showed live on the video projection on the stage trough FullScreen.
The others are the ones for the next speaker and so on.

When the next speaker is ready sto start we just switch the PPT input modules puting the next one as "main".

We need that because, as you know.. at events people come with the presentation in the last minute and we need to upload it into module and test it while there are other speakers on the stage with their own PPTs running. So we need multiple modules.
ClementN  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2015 6:00:09 AM(UTC)
ClementN

Romania

Another scenario where the Input number is important for us is when we program the shortcuts for FullScreen

As I said, we use FullScreen for video projector on the stage which use different mix then Program.

So, assigning midi to mix the inputs to show on FullScreen ask for fixed input numbers.