logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
paulinkibando  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2015 3:26:53 PM(UTC)
paulinkibando

Groups: Registered

Hello every body I have bay new Blackmagic ultrastudio ISD and I don't see it at external output controller.
When I tray to capture Vidio with it I see only black image in vmix. Please assist.
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2015 5:40:10 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ paulinkibando

Welcome to the Blackmagic frustration club!
First off, I do not have the Ultrastudio, but I can only assume it needs to be set up properly, like most other BMD products, in the BlackMagic Control Panel in order to work the way we expect in vMix.
That means, resolutions and framerates have to match across the board.
When troubleshooting, it is best to insure that the product is working in Blackmagic Media Express, if it doesn't work there, it's a Blackmagic issue and you are most likely to get support from them.
If all is well there, then it should just be a matter of configuring things appropriately across all links in the chain, and hopefully you are good to go.
(I find setting things up with BMD products somewhat counter intuitive because you have to open up the Blackmagic Control Panel which is not the easiest thing to find when you don't know where it is)

Ice
paulinkibando  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2015 6:57:51 PM(UTC)
paulinkibando

Thank bro for replaying
The problem is that I don't see it in external output devices. And when I add camera I see it in liste but with black image on final.
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2015 9:38:08 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ paulinkibando

Again, I am not familiar with the Ultrastudio BUT, a black screen in vMix indicates to me that there is a mis-match in the settings somewhere, either from the camera to the Ultrastudio, or the Ultrastudio to vMix.
The fact that it is not showing up as an external output device indicates to me that it is not configured for output in it's current state, but there again, it could be a driver issue. Are the drivers up to date?
And, back to my earlier post, does it work in Blackmagic Media Express?
Are you running Windows 7, 8 or 10?
The more information you can provide, the better able someone will be at helping to resolve your issue.
As alluded to, Blackmagic products can be very frustrating to work with, not that they don't work, just that they are very particular with how they work. Very rarely are they "plug & play", they have to be configured properly to work properly.

Ice
paulinkibando  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2015 2:38:27 PM(UTC)
paulinkibando

Thanks ice
I run win 10 with 2gb of ram
In blackmagic media express I haven't signal when I put SDI in
Other thing is that when I plug HDMI monitor a receive signal with external output.
Please assist
IceStream  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2015 3:10:25 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ paulinkibando

What are your settings in 'Blackmagic Control Panel'?
Or perhaps it's now the 'Blackmagic Desktop Video Utility' in Windows 10 in the Blackmagic folder.
(I just noticed this so I'm not sure if it's from a recent update or a download I made from Blackmagic or if it is as a result of upgrade to W10, I've never seen this "utility" before, but it performs the same function as the 'Control Panel' did).
If you can't get a signal IN or OUT of Blackmagic Media Express, you may need to contact Blackmagic support and possibly send your card back for testing.

Ice
paulinkibando  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2015 3:26:16 PM(UTC)
paulinkibando

Thanks Ice.
I don't now if SDI out can work to. a RCA monitor and if SDI in can enter a signal become to a RDC video.
It can be the problem becose a haven't SDI solution.