logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Beambuster  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2015 6:06:16 PM(UTC)
Beambuster

Groups: Registered

HI there,

Getting grazy here with a new I7 media server running on Windows10.

I used the Vmix external Out to Lync client before without problems on an older machine.
But on our new I7 one, Lync client doesn't see the vmix input any more.
We tried another pc (with win7 to win10 upgraded) and that one works fine. Same Vmix version, same Lync client. So win10 is not the problem, I'll think??
The weird thing is that Skype and also VLC player does see the Vmix external just fine.
We already Re-installed Vmix and lync client, installed codec packs and even installed Skype For business client. But still nothing.
Our client wants to communicate with Lync So regular Skype isn't the solution in this.

Is it blocked by some reason?
So where to start, please help! We need this machine running on 31 of August for a try-out.

Thanks for your input already.

Regards,

Michel
KJ4AWR  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2016 1:54:15 PM(UTC)
KJ4AWR

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I am facing this same issue with Lync 2013, Lync 2015 vMix 17 and 18 beta. This on an updated Windows 10 machine.
As a reference, NDI transmit, along with competing software display as a camera option in Skype for Business, GoToMeeting, and WebEx, but I can't get vMix to display anymore.

What is missing?
danieloc  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2016 11:01:46 AM(UTC)
danieloc

We are having the same issue. I can use vMix as a VCam in Skype, but we really need to use vMix as a VCam in Skype for Business. I can see Splitcam and ManyCam in the camera list in the Skype For Business so yes it is possible, can the dear developers of vMix fix this please?
Thanks a lot for your hard work!
danieloc  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 10:28:44 AM(UTC)
danieloc

Hello, me again :D-

I have posted the same question to the SfB people and they answer was: "We have a certification program, https://technet.microsof...us/office/dn947481.aspx, for SFB managed by the product group and includes all the qualified – tested devices, software and infrastructure components. Unfortunately the communicator app does not support virtual camera from vMix.

Skype for business only support physically attached cameras in the Skype for Business software. This means vMix Video is not available (Virtual Cameras) the same way it is available in normal Skype for business."

Can you dear developers make vMix virtual camera compatible with this certification?
Somehow other virtual cameras are detected by SfB, but we want vMix :D.

Thanks a lot!

KJ4AWR  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2017 4:02:00 PM(UTC)
KJ4AWR

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
danieloc wrote:
Hello, me again :D-

I have posted the same question to the SfB people and they answer was: "We have a certification program, https://technet.microsof...us/office/dn947481.aspx, for SFB managed by the product group and includes all the qualified – tested devices, software and infrastructure components. Unfortunately the communicator app does not support virtual camera from vMix.

Skype for business only support physically attached cameras in the Skype for Business software. This means vMix Video is not available (Virtual Cameras) the same way it is available in normal Skype for business."

Can you dear developers make vMix virtual camera compatible with this certification?
Somehow other virtual cameras are detected by SfB, but we want vMix :D.

Thanks a lot!

If this is all needed it would be great to see it implemented! I give a +1 to this request as it would greatly improve workflows.