logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Len56  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 1:19:04 PM(UTC)
Len56

Groups: Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)

I bought and downloaded vDesk for my iPad today only to find I cannot get it to connect to my windows 7 PC and vMix.

Once I opened up vDesk I inputted the IP address of my windows PC, I opened vMix and nothing happened.

I am not very savvy with networking so I know I must be doing something wrong, I have looked at what thecloudmediagroup has said regarding having the network set to HOME network and that is what I have, how are other people connecting their iPads to a windows 7 machine. Oh by the way my windows 7 PC is hard wired not wifi.

I have other apps on my iPad for my ATEM TVS and my X32 Producer and they both work with no problems.
I am using a BT Broadband Hub 5 which has hard wired and Wifi connections.

If I cannot get vDesk to work I have wasted my money on this app so I would love to get it working.

Thanks

Len.
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 6:38:25 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Len56

What happens if you start vMix before starting the app and inputting the IP address?

Ice
thecloudmediagroup  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 6:44:03 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Len56 wrote:

I bought and downloaded vDesk for my iPad today only to find I cannot get it to connect to my windows 7 PC and vMix.

Once I opened up vDesk I inputted the IP address of my windows PC, I opened vMix and nothing happened.

I am not very savvy with networking so I know I must be doing something wrong, I have looked at what thecloudmediagroup has said regarding having the network set to HOME network and that is what I have, how are other people connecting their iPads to a windows 7 machine. Oh by the way my windows 7 PC is hard wired not wifi.

I have other apps on my iPad for my ATEM TVS and my X32 Producer and they both work with no problems.

If I cannot get vDesk to work I have wasted my money on this app so I would love to get it working.

Thanks

Len.

Sorry you are having an issue. Are you in the United States? If I could get your contact info I could troubleshoot with you over the phone. My phone number is 208-661-0851. Feel free to call me.
Len56  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 7:19:52 PM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

IceStream wrote:
@ Len56

What happens if you start vMix before starting the app and inputting the IP address?

Ice

I have tried opening vmix first then opening vdesk and I get nothing, I have tried opening vdesk first then opening vmix and still nothing.

when I type my PC's ip address into vdesk the app just sits there and does nothing. most of the buttons are greyed out.
Len56  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 7:22:49 PM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

thecloudmediagroup wrote:
Len56 wrote:

Thanks

Len.

Sorry you are having an issue. Are you in the United States? If I could get your contact info I could troubleshoot with you over the phone. My phone number is 208-661-0851. Feel free to call me.

No I am in the UK.
Can you tell me the process for my iPad to see my PC please.
thecloudmediagroup  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 7:44:51 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

Len56 wrote:
Len56 wrote:

Thanks

Len.

No I am in the UK.
Can you tell me the process for my iPad to see my PC please.

All you need to do it type in the ip address in the IP menu and it should connect. Do you have a Skype account? Try restarting the app and checking the IP address again.
mdsavio  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2015 3:53:08 PM(UTC)
mdsavio

Man

Len56 wrote:

Thanks

Len.

You have a solution for this... resolve this problem Len?
thecloudmediagroup  
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2015 5:10:43 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

mdsavio wrote:
Len56 wrote:

Thanks

Len.

You have a solution for this... resolve this problem Len?

We have isolated an issue that occurs with specific iPad hardware/software environments. The app will be updated in the app store ASAP.
thecloudmediagroup  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 4:43:11 AM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

The framework we have been using for our app has changed the way HTTP requests in recent updates and has caused the performance current performance issue. We are currently porting the App into a new system that will have better performance. This will put the update out a few weeks but will be worth the added delay.

The new version will add dynamic input names in the app. The input names will show up above the buttons and as they change in vMix they will update in the app. Thank you everyone for your patience.

-Seth
mdsavio  
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 24, 2015 7:13:35 AM(UTC)
mdsavio

Man

The framework we have been using for our app has changed the way HTTP requests in recent updates and has caused the performance current performance issue. We are currently porting the App into a new system that will have better performance. This will put the update out a few weeks but will be worth the added delay.

The new version will add dynamic input names in the app. The input names will show up above the buttons and as they change in vMix they will update in the app. Thank you everyone for your patience.

-Seth

Thank You