logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cpilcher  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 12:22:16 AM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 47 post(s)
I have read the documentation as well as searched the forum so excuse me if this has been asked before...

I am using vMix on the free trial and trying to duplicate my workflow from wirecast. I do video production for MMA fights and need to overlay fighter stats and other information over the live video. I have an MP4 video that plays for each fighters entrance with their name and team etc that gets chroma keyed over the live video. I have been successful getting shortcuts to start this video and automate a few other tasks that normally require user input. I can have 60 or more fighters/videos that need to be managed during the production. I will list my workflow below since maybe I am going about this process the wrong way. But I have the following question.

1. I have an Input from ATEM TVs providing live video via Black Magic Intensity Pro 4k at 1080i 29.97.
2. I have 2 inputs called "RED" & "BLUE" pertaining to each of the fighters corner color. These inputs play the MP4 chroma key "Fighter Stat" videos.

I have spent some time and gotten shortcuts to call these videos live on an overlay channel, start playing the video and then remove it from program. It works great and is simple enough for an operator to control.

The problems arise when I try to change the video that is playing in these Input modules and prepare for the next 2 fighters. Is there an easy way to call a certain video to played in one of these 2 inputs and maintain the shortcuts to be able to start and pause these clips? In my other workflow I would keep all the clips in a separate layer and then just right click and select them when I needed to switch stats. I know I can change the clip from the properties window. But I would like to automate as much as possible.

I have also tried using the Multi View overlays to bring in the appropriate clip but then I lose the shortcuts because they don't reference the correct file name anymore, . I would like to have 2 inputs that can easily have the MP4 videos swapped in and out as needed. Hopefully someone can get me headed in the right direction. I'm very excited for what this software has already been able to do for me. Thanks.

Cpilcher
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 7:23:15 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Cpilcher

If your videos are all in a 'List' input (or alternate Red corner and Blue corner 'List' inputs) and are properly sequenced, you can use the 'Shortcut Key' function "NextItem" to advance to the next video in each respective list.
I am not exactly clear on your workflow, but with some practice and experimentation you should be able to set it up as a "Trigger" on a couple of 'MultiView' Inputs for it to work seamlessly every time you switch between them.

Ice
thanks 1 user thanked IceStream for this useful post.
Cpilcher on 8/5/2015(UTC)
Cpilcher  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 8:03:07 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 47 post(s)
That is going to be perfect. And I will be able to stack them in sequence and let it do its thing. It looks like the settings on the List input will apply to any clips that are added to it, so the chromakey adjustments will be so simple. Thanks IceStream.