logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
e1miran  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2015 5:56:10 PM(UTC)
e1miran

Groups: Registered

I'm new to vMix and have been testing it out for use in our church. We have a particular need for Desktop Capture in order to present video streams from the web.

My test machine is running Windows 7 and vMix is capturing IE11 perfectly from the local machine (same PC as vMix) even when IE11 is hidden (behind vMix). The production PC is running Windows 8.1 and on this machine vMix fails to capture IE11 when hidden. When hidden, all that is captured are the IE11 window chrome, borders, and tabs. But, the browser content remains blank... white. I tested on a second machine running Windows 8.1 with the same results. I then proceeded to test with Google Chrome on the Windows 7 and one of the Windows 8.1 machines and that browser was captured perfectly on both OS's even when hidden. So, my solution as of now is to run Chrome for our web capture needs.

However, any idea why IE11 on Win8.1 fails vs Win7?
Kelvin  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2015 8:40:46 PM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Why not use the desktop capture feature to pre-record the video using the vMix recording features. That way, you have much more control over the precise timing of the beginning of the video. I do this all the time to capture client's videos for use as commercials during sporting events.
e1miran  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2015 10:25:40 PM(UTC)
e1miran

Kelvin wrote:
Why not use the desktop capture feature to pre-record the video using the vMix recording features. That way, you have much more control over the precise timing of the beginning of the video. I do this all the time to capture client's videos for use as commercials during sporting events.

That's not the issue. We do use pre-recorded sources when possible. But there are instances where we need to capture a live feed and display it live. Precise timing is not a concern.

My inquiry is more about why IE11 is behaving differently in the 2 OS's. Like I said, I do have the option to use Chrome, but since it has become such a memory hog I would prefer to use IE for this.