logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
M1k3y  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2015 6:31:37 AM(UTC)
M1k3y

Groups: Registered

So, my question might be kinda specific, and i hope my mediocre english will suffice to explain:

I'm working for a regional hockey team, and we are using VMix for about two years now to show the intro, live footage, replays, advertisement and various title overlays (scorer, penalty, and so on) on our videowall. Needless to say we're very happy with the way the software works. This summer, however, we're going to host a rather big hockey tournament with teams from all over Europe, and for this event we wanted to offer a Live-Stream in good quality. We did live-streaming before, but we only broadcasted the exact same image that people could also see on the videowall in the stadium, and in rather poor quality.

Now here's the problem (aside from finding a streaming platform that doesn't charges us thousands of dollars for a somewhat good quality stream -any suggestions?): Our Overlays (we're using animated png-sequences and hotkeys, as i haven't figured out yet how to make animated XAMLs) are designed for that videowall, that means they are pretty big, more than half the screen size, so the text can be read easily from a certain distance. For streaming, of course, they're way too big, and obscure too much of the action for too much time if you're watching the game from home, and cannot simultaneously look down on the ice to see whats happening. This of course lowers the overall quality of the broadcast. So now we're looking if there's a (prefferably easy) way to put out the overlay titles in two sizes: A big one for the stadium, a smaller one for the live stream. Any suggestions?
Kelvin  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2015 1:25:47 PM(UTC)
Kelvin

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Take a look at the Output tab under the Settings Button. You can alter the overlays for different purposes there. Not sure if it will work for your situation.