logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
watchfulone  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2015 4:27:27 PM(UTC)
watchfulone

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
ovinas  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2015 5:37:57 PM(UTC)
ovinas

Man

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 49 post(s)
And did you upgrade with this or did a clean install? If yes, check that Windows 10 is activated. I bet it's not. Check Google for activation problems and the only way for now to get an activated Windows 10.
watchfulone  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2015 11:11:11 PM(UTC)
watchfulone

Man

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
ovinas wrote:
And did you upgrade with this or did a clean install? If yes, check that Windows 10 is activated. I bet it's not. Check Google for activation problems and the only way for now to get an activated Windows 10.

Yes i did check, that was the first thing i did my Windows 10 is fully activated on my Desktop PC and my Laptop
ovinas  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2015 4:36:57 AM(UTC)
ovinas

Man

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 49 post(s)
But how did you install or uprade?
Even Microsoft says that you have to upgrade your Windows 7 or 8 through the Windows update process one time and then could use the ISO download for a clean install. And that's exactly my experience.
mistergee  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2015 10:25:05 AM(UTC)
mistergee

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
ovinas wrote:
But how did you install or uprade?
Even Microsoft says that you have to upgrade your Windows 7 or 8 through the Windows update process one time and then could use the ISO download for a clean install. And that's exactly my experience.

I suspect Microsoft wants you to wait in the queue so as to manage the load on their servers.
I downloaded the software, which creates an install "disk" on a USB thumb drive and have upgraded a windows 7 and a windows 8.1 laptops (64bit) and so far all is well. I think that provided the installer sees that you have a licensed copy of Win 7 or Win 8 installed then it will do an upgrade otherwise it prompts for a clean install.

I also downloaded and prepared a 32bit version of the installer and upgraded an old 32 bit Windows 7 desktop box but here I find that my monitor's native display resolution is not supported. This box was recently replaced with a new Windows 8.1 machine which I will not upgrade until I am sure the monitor drivers in the 8.1 Pro upgrade will work properly with my display.