logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GeorgeR  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2015 2:39:22 AM(UTC)
GeorgeR

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I updated a non-vMix computer to Windows 10 yesterday. Found I had to reinstall vMix Desktop Capture app after the Windows 10 update. Wondering if that will be the same case when I update the vMix desktop and laptop computers, in that, will the vMix program need to be reinstalled on those two computers once I update them to Windows 10?
Thanks in advance.
~George
AlanZ  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2015 9:42:32 AM(UTC)
AlanZ

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 37 post(s)
I installed Windows 10 on a laptop computer... so far, no issues with vMix, but hey, the day is young.
Len56  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2015 10:28:44 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
AlanZ wrote:
I installed Windows 10 on a laptop computer... so far, no issues with vMix, but hey, the day is young.

Your lucky, I got an email this morning from Microsoft here in the UK and they said I could be waiting from a couple of days to a couple of weeks before I get the windows 10 upgrade.

I think you guys in USA are getting it first as every where I look on different forums across the net everyone in the USA has installed it or are installing win10.
watchfulone  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2015 4:20:01 PM(UTC)
watchfulone

Man

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Len56 wrote:
AlanZ wrote:

Your lucky, I got an email this morning from Microsoft here in the UK and they said I could be waiting from a couple of days to a couple of weeks before I get the windows 10 upgrade.

I think you guys in USA are getting it first as every where I look on different forums across the net everyone in the USA has installed it or are installing win10.

Guys you don't have to wait another minute to download and install Windows 10, there is a new Microsoft website that lets you download it immediately without waiting for windows Update or Microsoft to alert you. please see the link below, i did it yesterday and i am now enjoying Windows 10

Link http://www.microsoft.com...tware-download/windows10

See you on the other side of Windows
GeorgeR  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2015 7:28:51 PM(UTC)
GeorgeR

Man

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
watchfulone wrote:
Len56 wrote:
AlanZ wrote:

Guys you don't have to wait another minute to download and install Windows 10, there is a new Microsoft website that lets you download it immediately without waiting for windows Update or Microsoft to alert you. please see the link below, i did it yesterday and i am now enjoying Windows 10

Link http://www.microsoft.com...tware-download/windows10

See you on the other side of Windows

watchfulone yes you can but probably better to wait. I have two computers that Microsoft says are not quit ready for Windows 10.

GeorgeR attached the following image(s):
Not Ready for Windows 10.jpg (78kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Len56  
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2015 11:23:19 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Hi George,

Yes I have two PC's that's why I'm waiting, and I get the same screen as you are on the get windows 10.

I'm having to wait as I am using the windows 7 family 3 user pack, it uses the same windows serial number for 3 PC's even though the PC's have different hardware, on two of my computers I have the windows upgrade icon and have asked for the upgrade, I have also spoken to Microsoft support and they say they will send out an email when windows 10 is ready for my PC's, so I will have to wait until windows 10 installs on both machines and is activated then burn a separate DVD of both windows 10 for each PC.
thanks 1 user thanked Len56 for this useful post.
GeorgeR on 8/2/2015(UTC)