logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
darp  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2015 6:37:11 PM(UTC)
darp

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
AverMedia DarkCrystal HD Capture SDK II (C729) HDMI and Analog Capture Is listed as compatible on list.

The AverTV HD DVR card is listed on Aver site as same thing, same manual as DarkCrystal. I got one today. It has one HDMI input and a 2nd that is for breakout cable that goes to Composite, Component and S video, 9 wires.

Here are my results:

The HDMI works but shows as AverMedia BDA Analog Secondary, The VHS deck shows as AVerMedia BDA Analog Capture. I little strange as HDMI is digital.

The Analog secondary does work fine as HDMI camera source. It works as 480, had double vision side by side in 720 and works fine in 1080 with my Canon Vixia RF400. I did send error msgs in.

The Analog breakout one works for audio, but is blank for video in vMix-Says No Signal. I was putting in VHS deck via composite. Swapped cables, no diff. But Avermedia Center brings up both sound and video fine. Wirecast bring up blue screen for both HDMI and composite, VideBlaster brings up both just fine. So it appears an issue with vMix with this card.

Besides this problem the card seems cool. It is dual input, one HDMI and one analog cam at same time and only $85 so considering the breakout cable it comes with you can hook up just about anything. Another nice feature is the software does PIP and you can stretch the 2nd frame to alter or correct aspect ratio. So I used vMix screen cap to pull in both video sources as one source on screen two, quite cool.

What can I do to get video from analog port on this card?

BTW I am a paying customer, bought vMix from Tom Sinclair. Not sure how that gets picked up for a poster.

Have attached the double vision screen cap. It shows the analog VHS now playing and the HDMI of a wall plaque doubled. Too funny now the analog side is playing video! After an hour of not working, talking the Avermedia support etc. My guess is the playing in Avermedia and VidBlaster somehow fixed it. Same thing that you can fix a car by driving it to mechanic.

Cheers

BTW this is clearly a 2 camera card at same time. One HDMI one an analog of any kind. Putting a 4x1 HDMI Switcher makes it a 5 camera setup, with 2.2 second delay on HDMI side, while using the Analog so public does not see the black screen delay. Here is the card http://www.amazon.com/gp...h_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

darp attached the following image(s):
vMixDoubleVision.png (1,059kb) downloaded 12 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Charssay  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 1:00:57 AM(UTC)
Charssay

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Dear Darp,

See this thread : http://forums.vmix.com.a....aspx?g=posts&t=3875 at the last answer

I did use many model of Avermedia, and all of them works fine in vmix.
The advice I will give you is first not to use the driver coming with the card, download it directly to the avermedia portal

Second, I never use te audio in this card for analog signal, it didn't work at the first time when I use it, but was not an issue because we use USB mixer to feed the computer, so then by passe it and use the audio in of your computer.
In HDMI, you will get both audio and video without issue. But according to your image, the size you took on the card is not the same as your camera. Set your camera in 1080 or 720, you must do te same in Vmix. Choosing a 1080 signal and setting a 720 signal in vmix or the contrary will give you these kind of image.

Sometime, the first time you set the avermedia in Vmix and you don't get the HDMI signal, set your camera un 720p, and choose the svideo in the AVerMedia BDA Analog Capture Secondary in 720P also, after it, close and choose the HDMI source when you did have the signal.
For Analog signal, it will get it directly, Composite or svideo, choose it carefully.

C.
thanks 1 user thanked Charssay for this useful post.
darp on 7/23/2015(UTC)
darp  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 12:35:54 PM(UTC)
darp

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Charssay wrote:
Dear Darp,

See this thread : http://forums.vmix.com.a....aspx?g=posts&t=3875 at the last answer

I did use many model of Avermedia, and all of them works fine in vmix.
The advice I will give you is first not to use the driver coming with the card, download it directly to the avermedia portal

Second, I never use te audio in this card for analog signal, it didn't work at the first time when I use it, but was not an issue because we use USB mixer to feed the computer, so then by passe it and use the audio in of your computer.
In HDMI, you will get both audio and video without issue. But according to your image, the size you took on the card is not the same as your camera. Set your camera in 1080 or 720, you must do te same in Vmix. Choosing a 1080 signal and setting a 720 signal in vmix or the contrary will give you these kind of image.

Sometime, the first time you set the avermedia in Vmix and you don't get the HDMI signal, set your camera un 720p, and choose the svideo in the AVerMedia BDA Analog Capture Secondary in 720P also, after it, close and choose the HDMI source when you did have the signal.
For Analog signal, it will get it directly, Composite or svideo, choose it carefully.

C.

Thanks Charssay, Very helpful info. And since there are cheap HDMI to RCA converters http://www.amazon.com/gp...h_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 one could hookup 4 HD HDMI cams with 2 boards. The converters will not output HD but it does allow putting 2 HDMIs in per board.

I have an i7 that is hot, but only has one free slot :-( And have CoreDuo with 4 extra slots and 8 Gs and 7200rpm drives. That older coreDuo HP desktop also has builtin firewire. So for vMix it is superior in every way except CPU and its lack of a separate graphics card. So I could put in 2 Aver cards and a 4 port USB 3.0 (the PC only has USB 2.0) and be able to hook up anything and many cams.

Do you think that CoreDuo it could handle vMix and 4 cams hooked up in SD?

vMix seems very good about low resource need. And I could use my hot i7 for video editing with PowerDirector which does use big power on renders.
Charssay  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 2:07:20 AM(UTC)
Charssay

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
If your purpose is to manage only SD feed, you can do it with your Core2Duo, but I will recommend to find an extra graphic card even a GT610 if possible and to not record on MP4.
For your converter, I never used this, so be careful with the delay that could appear.

But, If I was you, I will forget my Core2Duo and find even a cheap motherboard that have several PCI express and USB3 port, hoping that your case is not for micro ATX only. Even with micro ATX, like the MSI H81M-E34, you have 2 PCI EX1 for 2 Avermedia card and this mobo have 8 Usb3 port. I will go there if I was you, but with an ATX card and not Micro ATX to have more PCI express port available. The MSI begin with 55 dollar without shipping. In that case you can directly use the HDMI without converting it, you will have not delay to handle after, and you could choose to work on HD or SD as you want.