logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
toeimage  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2012 4:49:31 PM(UTC)
toeimage

Groups: Registered

Hello. I have some problem when playing mpeg2 files. I try it in interlace and progresive mode(for mpeg files) is the same. I use vmix for playing mpeg2 files in 95% of time and usually in playlist mode, only sometime for live mixing,and all the time in SD mode. In live mode I don't have any problems. When the mpeg files is greater then 30min, i have glitch and a small delay on the audio. if the video files is greater then 1-2h i have a lot of audio delay (<500ms).
Maybe is the codec but i try it a lot of mpeg codec. the performance of the pc is good for SD video files.(quadcore q6600 4gb ram, ati 5670, and blackmagicdesign for output in SD. The cpu is 4-25%, depend what I have in overlay). Can you sugest some codec to install or what compresion i need to use when i create the mpeg files (I realy need to use the vmix with mpeg files).

And in V6 can you make on playlist to generate a total playing time :) (sugestion)

PS. Sorry for my bad english.
admin  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2012 12:02:58 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4147 time(s) in 1492 post(s)
Hi,

I would suggest trying to uninstall all 3rd party codecs and use the ones built into Windows 7 as they tend to be the most reliable.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
toeimage  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2012 1:36:00 AM(UTC)
toeimage

Groups: Registered

Hi, and thanks. I try to uninstall everything an i return with news. One more question I have. the BMD card don\t have codecs? and I need to reinstall de output card.