logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bckevin  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 19, 2015 9:51:16 PM(UTC)
Bckevin

Groups: Registered

Can someone please give some advise as to why I'm getting a grainy video using new cannon 1080p cameras, as you see the player looks to be grainy not very clear for a 1080 video the pc 8 core 3.0 32 gig ram, 660 video card, hdmi 4 port capture card, so I know it is not the pc I even noticed at times it stuttered also.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q-6pKh1y8s
ask  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2015 2:56:24 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
I think it is a frame rate issue. What camera are you using? Capture card? Master frame rate, input frame rate? etc....
Bardos  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2015 6:15:43 AM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups: Guests
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
PC specs has nothing to do with video noise....check your camera settings, and your lighting conditions.....many times persons believe that because a camera is new, and the specs says low lux is such and such that it is saying it can be used in any condition....even though that may be so, the darker the conditions, and the farther away the camera is away from the subject, the grainier the recorded video will be......use more light, and move closer to what you are shooting, or check to see if the camera is using digital zoom, and turn it off.....check to see if you have a high shutter speed and set that lower...also check to see if the ND (Neutral Density) filter is turned on, and turn it off....sometimes, these cameras have a 'steady hand' or 'steady shot' feature, that can degrade video, turn that off if it is on...If I remember anything else, I will post it....also, read the manual for the camera, ...there may be something you did, or did not set correctly ....

For that jerky video, maybe the capture card is not set up correctly, or not fast enough for what you are doing.....check your capture settings to make sure you have them correct, try using one camera at a time, to see if the card is capable of handling all cameras at the same time.....
Bckevin  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2015 9:48:16 AM(UTC)
Bckevin

I will try all your suggestions this week during another stream and see if that helps...I really thought a lot of it is the lighting conditions as well...I will try more light this week also and post a follow up....Thanks