logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admin  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2012 4:58:53 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
As vMix 2012 v4 has recently been released work has already begun on v5.
This will be a smaller release than v4 and will include a couple of smaller features and minor bug fixes.

* Fade, Fade x2, Fade x4 and Zoom can be changed to any effect and duration
* EXT and REC indicators will appear when a recording or external output is in progress.

(Thanks to Mauro and others for these suggestions)

UserPostedImage

* New API function SetText allows remote changing of text within any Title or XAML input.
Developers can use this to build their own scoreboard/ticker solutions.

Any suggestions are welcome but keep in mind that since v5 is only a couple of weeks away from release
major changes will have to be considered for v6.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
mh166  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2012 6:33:07 AM(UTC)
mh166

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
That's great news! :)

I just went through my previous v4 wishlist and here are 3 minor things I'd like to see in v5:

• A reverse "Fly" transition. That is, FlyOut or something like that. Makes the experience more consistent for the viewer if the input that flew in will fly out again – instead of letting the old content fly in, too.

• Within the "Add input" dialog, could there be a checkbox or a second save button that allows one to edit the input settings right after adding the input? I guess this should save quite some time when going live. For some inputs may have to pause on transitions, others may not...
    So a checkbox like "[x] Edit settings for this input after adding" would be a great help. The default value for this checkbox should be changed in the global settings menu.

• What about an automatic fade: one could activate it, so it would fade over to the preview automatically xx seconds before the current clip ends. The xx value should of course be given right next to the button (or within? however...). And if you want it to fade immediately at the very end of the current input's clip ... just enter "0". ;)

Hope that's not demanding too much for a smaller release. ;)

Thanks for all the hard work you've done. Keep it up!
melody  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2012 7:53:20 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

hi martin, good news...

as minor fixes for v5, the following would help us:

* would be great if user could select a diferent audio device on hdv firewire sources than built in microphone;
* selectable bit rate limit (KB/s) for desktop capture;
* custom audio input device when add desktop capture source;
* disable the play bar in rtmp sources and just enable a timer from 00:00:00 (hh:mm:ss) counting from the moment that vmix connects to the source. at the moment, in some machines, the play bar cursor is every time "flashing" from beginning to the end of bar with wrong hourly values and that "flashes" on the bar interferes on video smooth, seems like droped frames caused by that "flashes".

Martin, i need to thank you about the last changes in vmix. we have maded 4 broadcasts at once (4 hours each one) with v4 and the results are amazing. the hdv performance now enables us to mix hdv sources without problems. stream and recording are simply wonderfull. 50% CPU Usage when Streaming, Recording and Mixing. the modifications in External device Resolutions was very much apreciatted.

thank you so much for your very hard work on vmix. my wish is that every video director on the world knows about vmix and try it on its productions. after test another softwares like Vidblaster and Wirecast, i can tell that vMix makes an incredible diference and for me vMix is the number one. i ask all the members that share vmix to other people that works with video productions on the online social networks...

regards,

melody
www.espiritosanto.cc
mh166  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2012 12:12:38 PM(UTC)
mh166

Oh and one thing regarding the API: could you add the possibility to add and remove inputs? Would be fantastic! :)
ELCHAPIN  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2012 2:37:19 AM(UTC)
ELCHAPIN

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello
as always good work, always with the best
not have answer to my suggestion;
I would like to add frames to a camera or capture
black frame with fade.
same as in the case of titles that are already running.
but can not be edited at a single window with fade.
Several times and suggested a PIP, Oval, Circle, Diamond
to place image in Picture (Capture) with dissolve.
are already many things that are not necessary and reload the software,
Martin Thanks for your attention
CONGRATULATIONS
UserPostedImage
mh166  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2012 5:39:12 AM(UTC)
mh166

ELCHAPIN wrote:

Several times and suggested a PIP, Oval, Circle, Diamond

Glad you reminded me of PiP: a border around the PiP in user-selectable size and color would be nice. :) Or maybe even a transparent png as a border.

Regards, mh166
sebaush78  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:16:24 PM(UTC)
sebaush78

may improve the playlist is to run the selected entries in hours until some time and that can be cut those entries with other entries and to return where he had been
option could be the transition to the random option to change whenever there is a transition, thanks martin
RVtv Video  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2012 2:12:33 AM(UTC)
RVtv Video

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi martin,

Iam waiting on my 2 decklink shuttlles because i believe in vmix i have made a pan tilt cam that works great the only problem was my cheap capturing cards so i hope the shuttles work better.

On my first job with v mix v3 it freeses after about 15 min i had restart computer totaly for 3 times and after the last reboot my computer gets the blue screen of death...

Vmix wouldnt start again and i tryd an new intall, there i found a problem i couldnt intall cause there was no internet for verify my registration i think it can be a problem on location, you cant reinstall.

Keep up your great work,

Regards Richie/rijk
Brian Hazelden  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2012 3:25:25 AM(UTC)
Brian Hazelden

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Richie,

I installed 2 BM Intensity Shuttles and they did not work due to bandwidth limitations of USB3.
The original drivers did not install with a warning of the bandwidth limitation. The latest drivers allow the installation and the devices show up in the Black Magic Control Panel and also in vMix as a capture source. vMix gave an error message when the second shuttle was selected, however.

Undaunted I managed to get one Shuttle as a live input to vMix and the second Shuttle as a live input to BM Media Express capture programme. Then the PC froze .................... back to the drawing board!!

I hope you have better luck but I'm not holding my breath ;-)

Brian
RVtv Video  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2012 5:19:05 AM(UTC)
RVtv Video

Man

Hi Brian,

I must say ive seen your posts before about your problems bit strange when you think about the recomondation given for vmix, i am a gamber but cant imagine that Martin let us down(hesholding his breath to i think :))

Thanks for your concern i keep you posted!

Greetz Richie
O
I did find some writings about getting 2 bm shutlles on 2 seperate usb cards, i throw the dices and gamble
Brian Hazelden  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:28:10 AM(UTC)
Brian Hazelden

Hi Richie,

I think my situation was a little different to yours. I was attempting to add 2 Shuttles via the USB3 connectors to the 5 BM Intensity Pro cards already installed in the PCIe slots.

The limitation is in the hardware and I was only able to add 1 shuttle for a total of 6 cameras. The system works very well indeed for mixing and capturing 1920x1080 8 bit HD video at 50Mbps.

You may fare better using USB3 inputs to PCIe cards, if that's what you're doing, you've not said much about your system.

Brian
ELCHAPIN  
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 12:04:32 AM(UTC)
ELCHAPIN

Hola Martin
Estamos esperando la sorpresa !!
admin  
#13 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 11:02:25 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
Some additional features being added:

* Overlay Borders: Colour, thickness and radius can be set.
* Right clicking an overlay button (1,2,3,4) will expand it to full screen if it is a Picture In Picture.
Mauro Cesar  
#14 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 1:22:25 PM(UTC)
Mauro Cesar

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Martin,

We are happy contributing to improvements in Vmix.

New API function could have something like "RSS feeds" to put news "online" obtained from news sites?
Example of use: lcd monitor displaying image in the waiting room and even showing the same news online web.

Mauro.
jonhall  
#15 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 3:25:00 PM(UTC)
jonhall

Hi,
It's great that you're making so many improvements to the software! I've been using it regularly for a few months now and like it a lot. A few extra features that would be nice are:

1) The ability to add an audio delay to audio inputs and/or the external audio output. We use vMix in conjunction with FMLE which does not have the ability to set an audio delay (very annoying), so it would be nice if we could delay the audio in vMix (we have a DV camera connected with Firewire and a separate USB audio interface for the feed from the mixer, so audio and video are slightly out of sync).

2) An option to start the external output automatically when vMix starts or a profile is loaded. Forgetting to start the external output is probably the #1 mistake I make.

3) Making the recording settings save so I don't have to set it up each time I want to record. Right now, all the settings are saved except for the recording format (MPEG2 in my case), so I need to open the recording setup dialog and click the MPEG2 tab each time. Not a big deal, but I forgot to select the correct format once and ended up recording in WMV instead - something I want to avoid.

4) An option to make the fullscreen view letterbox instead of stretch to fill the monitor when the aspect ratio of the video and monitor are different.

5) Keeping the Title Editor open while adding/removing inputs other than the title being edited.

6) Making titles close automatically after a preconfigured time interval from when they are overlayed. Maybe this feature was already added in a previous version, since there is a new "Duration" button in the Title Editor, but I haven't figured out how to use it yet.

Thanks!
Mauro Cesar  
#16 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 4:36:46 PM(UTC)
Mauro Cesar

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi, Martin

In the tab "Recording" there is a way of recording videos (defaut is Folder Recordings)

My suggestion is to also create a path for recording of "snapshots" and file type, so the window "save image" does not appear at any moment. Increasing the file. Example: file001, file002 ...

Mauro.
RVtv Video  
#17 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2012 3:14:17 AM(UTC)
RVtv Video

Man

Hi Brian,

Thanks again, i have not said much about my system :) because its only a laptop, acer about 1 year old i7 quadcore 3 usb inputs 6gb work memory, and hdmi.

Wat is your opinion about this computer (keep breathing)

And SD licence for vmix iam not intend to go HD in a short time, iam searcing for the best quality in SD.

GreetZ from Holland

Richie
Famous Pictures  
#18 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2012 12:02:59 PM(UTC)
Famous Pictures

jonhall wrote:
Hi,
It's great that you're making so many improvements to the software! I've been using it regularly for a few months now and like it a lot. A few extra features that would be nice are:

1) The ability to add an audio delay to audio inputs and/or the external audio output. We use vMix in conjunction with FMLE which does not have the ability to set an audio delay (very annoying), so it would be nice if we could delay the audio in vMix (we have a DV camera connected with Firewire and a separate USB audio interface for the feed from the mixer, so audio and video are slightly out of sync).

2) An option to start the external output automatically when vMix starts or a profile is loaded. Forgetting to start the external output is probably the #1 mistake I make.

3) Making the recording settings save so I don't have to set it up each time I want to record. Right now, all the settings are saved except for the recording format (MPEG2 in my case), so I need to open the recording setup dialog and click the MPEG2 tab each time. Not a big deal, but I forgot to select the correct format once and ended up recording in WMV instead - something I want to avoid.

4) An option to make the fullscreen view letterbox instead of stretch to fill the monitor when the aspect ratio of the video and monitor are different.

5) Keeping the Title Editor open while adding/removing inputs other than the title being edited.

6) Making titles close automatically after a preconfigured time interval from when they are overlayed. Maybe this feature was already added in a previous version, since there is a new "Duration" button in the Title Editor, but I haven't figured out how to use it yet.

Thanks!

+1 for me!
Brian Hazelden  
#19 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2012 1:12:06 PM(UTC)
Brian Hazelden

RVtv Video wrote:
Hi Brian,

Thanks again, i have not said much about my system :) because its only a laptop, acer about 1 year old i7 quadcore 3 usb inputs 6gb work memory, and hdmi.

Wat is your opinion about this computer (keep breathing)

And SD licence for vmix iam not intend to go HD in a short time, iam searcing for the best quality in SD.

GreetZ from Holland

Richie

Hi Richie,

I don't know much about laptops but yours sound pretty powerful to me. The problem with laptops and multi-cam work is the lack of expansion options for inputs and, more importantly, the GPU which vMix uses for processing video - clever Martin.

The biggest problem you will have is when you capture some HD footage via the BM Intensity Shuttle. It will look so good that you will never want to go back to SD, at least that's the way it was with me.

Why not use Firewire inputs? Cheap 3 way Firewire cards are available for laptops. You will get full SD resolution, albeit with some compression, and a time lag on capture via vMix.

Melody would be the one to ask as she captures via Firewire, originally in SD, now in HDV ie 1440x1080, the same as BBC HD broadcasts.

If I were you I would open the Shuttle boxes very carefully so that, if necessary, you can return them as un-used and get a full refund. Mind you a laptop with a Shuttle capturing full HD up to uncompressed on a USB3 SDD drive would be an awesome bit of kit.

I would also look to the future, which will have no place for SD, even for streaming, so a decent spec PC with a good GPU and 6 PCIe slots would seem to fit the bill for most things except portability. But I don't know what you are aiming at.

Kind regards
Brian
fordry  
#20 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2012 1:47:55 PM(UTC)
fordry

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
One thing, now that you have added presets for the titles, it would be nice to be able to resize the preset box vs the text input box in the text editor windows for the titles. If you have a big list of presets you are going to go through, its nice to not have to scroll. love the feature though, really like how vMix is developing.

PS. I think its humorous that the forum thinks vmix is misspelled. :D