logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
watchfulone  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 1:26:30 AM(UTC)
watchfulone

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Wouldn't it be nice for vMix to have brand new Stdio interface? one that operates like say Window Media Center, or other OS, O.K. let me be clearer the ability to log into or out of vMix or Windows like a dual boot screen, not really from the BIOS stage but when windows loads, so that loggin into vMix would allow VMix to have the full use of system resources. Something like Newtek tricaster.
mh166  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2012 6:23:16 AM(UTC)
mh166

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
So you mean, that you have a user, let's call him "Studio", and after he logs into Windows, only thing he sees is vMix? This is not necessarily something that needs to be done in vMix (though it would be possible provide an option for this ;).

What you want to do is set vMix as your so called 'shell' for Windows. Just take some time and google for it, how to do that.

The thing is: at the moment you set vMix as you shell, your cutting down the functionality of windows very much. You won't have a taskbar, no system tray (those little icons next to the clock), no desktop etc.

I think what would better suit your needs: get an expert in Group Policies and cut down the permissions the account has. That way you could preserve the core functionality of windows and still have some sort of kiosk mode. I've already seen this before: you then have an user account that has almost no rights but start some one or two applications.

Probably this is what you really want: a kiosk mode. Try googling for that. I guess this should help. :)

Regards, mh166
watchfulone  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2012 3:50:46 PM(UTC)
watchfulone

Man

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Thanks you hit the nail on the head, I will look into this for sure. I guess i`m so over joyed to discover vMix that i just want it to be better than the all the rest. And I've tried many and none work like vMix to suit me needs. Thanks again if you fine any link please send them to me.