logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
richardgatarski  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2015 6:01:29 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
We are increasingly finding ourselves in situation where our customers use fonts that are not supported in vMix.

An anecdotical example for how serious fonts are is that many companies/organizations can invest in more than 10 000 USD for a custom made font, just because that's cheaper for them than to pay licensing fees. But of course, more common is that they want to use "their" font for branding purposes.

For the moment I have a client who uses "Trade Gothic LT" in various styles. It took me several hours to figure out how to trick vMix to render that font in the "Condensed" style. The otf font I installed in Windows, is indeed listed in the Title Editor (vMix 15.0.0.81), but neither selectable, nor rendered as Condensed (not even possible to specify "Condensed"). I did also try to convert the otf font to ttf, but no luck.

Photoshop and Word could easily manage/use both the otf and the ttf.

What I had to to was to hand code the "Fontfamily" in the XAML file to exactly the Name as listed in in Window's control panel for fints. If that XAML file is opened in the Title Editor, the Text field instead is listed as "Segoe UI".

So far I have been able to find work-arounds for most font issues in vMix. But it would save me, and I guess many other users, a lot of time and pain if vMix could solve these kind of issues. In another topic I have earlier discussed "Stylistic alternates". It would also be useful if "FontStreched" was supported in the Title Editor and/or vMix's Title renderer (which I think uses different rendering engines).

Thanks.

IceStream  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2015 9:38:39 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
+1

It can get frustrating not knowing which fonts work and which don't, even though they are in the drop down list...

Ice
ssll  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 5:50:35 AM(UTC)
ssll

I am also trying to use a condensed font.

I am trying to hand code the "FontFamily" value but I can't seem to find a value that vMix will accept. How did you find the "exact Name as listed in Window's control panel"?

richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 3:01:13 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Go into Window's Control Panel, select Fonts, find the font and copy its family name.
Slaver  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 4:57:47 AM(UTC)
Slaver

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hello,

at the moment i have a similar problem with Futura ND Medium. On my Windows 7 System it works fine without any problems but on my Windows 10 System, it will not find the whole font. Same font file used than on the windows 7 system. I do the trick to put it in a font editor and save it again as a ttf, now it finds at least the font but no other style than regular can be selected.
kurddata2006  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 4, 2021 12:32:32 AM(UTC)
kurddata2006

Iraq

Pay attention , The XAML titles compiler going thr blend or MS framework not exactly from vmix , Then it means you need open access to the font for all users on the PC , Then font will show in the list of fonts drop down for Xaml TITLES , jUST FOLLOW THIS STEPS TO SOLVE :
Fountain Kamanga  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2021 7:30:20 PM(UTC)
Fountain Kamanga

Malawi

+1