logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Stavlin  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 4:58:26 PM(UTC)
Stavlin

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
A lot of functionality of the API in the Instant reply side of vMix is toggle based, allowing you to switch the status of items. However, a lot of my personal use of the instant reply functionality is through a custom application and some the functions are shared between operators. As rule, I like to give the operator an indicator to check at a glance the status of the system (for example, an arrow showing the direction of playback in the instant reply controller). Obviously, this works fine if one operator is using the toggle functions and the system is set correctly to begin with. Given my set up, it's quite easy to be out of sink with vMix as multiple operators can toggle.

Is it possible to add a section to the XAML displayed from the web interface to show the status of certain parts of the instant reply function, similar to what is in there to show the status recording/external/streaming/multicorder ? I was thinking of recording status, which camera is selected for input A and B, direction of playback and current speed. With that, it's quite easy to get my systems to poll the XAML page and check the current status of everything.

Does anyone else think that this would be useful?

Cheers,

Joe
aircooled76@gmail.com  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 10:20:44 PM(UTC)
aircooled76@gmail.com

Groups: Registered
Man
Australia

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
+1 for me, there is some info in the XML but more is always better!