logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
computerman1597  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2015 5:10:56 PM(UTC)
computerman1597

Groups: Registered

I have been setting up a basic recording system using vmix. Everything was going great.

We purchased an inexpensive HDMI to component adapter on amazon, to allow us to distribute the program feed to a couple of HD televisions a good distance away from the switching location. When I connect the input of the converter to the HDMI out of my macbook retina, the image looks great on the tv. However when i connect the DVI from our HP switching pc to the box using a DVI>HDMI cable, the picture flashes on and off the screen. The tv is recognizing the input resolution (as I change to 720 at 50, 59 or 60 hertz it tells me its 720p, if i do 1080 at 24 or 30 interlaced, it shows as 1080i, and 1080 at 50, 59 or 60 hertz shows as 1080p). It is also telling me the refresh rate on the tv, which always matches what I am sending the box.

Do you guys have any suggestions? I do have a graphics card with an actual HDMI output that i might try, in case that helps.

I should note that if i put the tv next to the desktop and connect via the DVI>HDMI cable into the HDMI input on the tv, it works perfectly.