logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
artciukas  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2015 9:21:53 AM(UTC)
artciukas

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello all,

I use four blackmagic mini recorders and get audio from one camera with SDI video signal(video synchronization is ok between four cards, audio have little echo) but now i want to buy digital audio mixer like BEHRINGER X AIR XR16 for more than two channels mixing.
http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/XR16.aspx
I want to video get from sdi or hdmi and audio get from usb2. Question is about audio and video synchronization. How do you think can i expect auto video and audio synchronization or need some delay correction? If delay correction needs it will be the same or difference when have new connection but same digital audio device.

Sorry for my English.

Thanks for your response.
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2015 10:09:52 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ artciukas

There is no "auto" synchronization feature that I am aware of.
Audio typically processes faster than video, so depending on how much video delay your system experiences will determine how much delay you may need to apply to the audio .
If your cameras are in sync across all your capture devices , then there should not be an issue with setting up an audio delay from your mixer 'Input' in vMix if required.
It may require some 'trial and error' to get it right (my guess is somewhere between 100 and 400 ms), but it should remain consistent based on the inherent processing 'delays' of your system.
If your cameras are not in sync, then you may have to figure something else out for audio.

I hope that answers your question.

Ice
daniel514  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 30, 2015 7:45:46 PM(UTC)
daniel514

Canada

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
This is THE interface i want! Auto-Mixing is such a big deal!!!

BUT it's not available in the actual firmware!
Read
paulshillito  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2015 7:25:57 PM(UTC)
paulshillito

Man

I have a similar issue with the delay of video processing when using progs like skype or hangouts.

I got around it by pluging my radio mic in to my mixer which is a Berhinger 1204, then feeding it out thru and AUX send in to a digital delay delay pedal which then goes back in to the mixer on a separate channel, the output is then the USB which is picked up in the PC in vMix.

I set the delay to 300ms, which is the delay i have in the video processing and then both are in sync.

So far that the only way i have found to get the two in sync becuase of the difference in the processing time for audio directly in to skype for example copmpared to the video processing delay which is much greater.