logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dodgepong  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2015 6:39:20 PM(UTC)
dodgepong

Groups: Registered

It would be nice if vMix had an option to add a Browser/webkit renderer sort of input. There are lots of powerful tools for creating dynamic graphics in a Browser that the ability to add a browser as an input to vMix would be really useful.

For example, this person used a Browser plugin for OBS to create a really slick graphics package using a CG system called NodeCG.

There are a number of tools like NodeCG out there for displaying browser-based graphics in other video production programs that support browser inputs, so vMix having the ability would greatly increase its value, in my opinion.

Thanks!
dodgepong  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2015 1:06:18 PM(UTC)
dodgepong

With the recent announcement of vMix 16, as well as the announcements that Chrome and Firefox would be dropping support for Flash (and thus Flash itself possibly being on Adobe's chopping block), I just wanted to bring up this feature request again as an important potential feature. Browser-based graphics can be a very powerful tool (as evidenced in the video linked in my previous post), and are widely used in the field of video game streaming. I, personally, don't want to be stuck using old Flash graphics when the future (in my field) lies in browser-based graphics.
ask  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2015 5:04:53 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Link to an article re. the above FYI : http://www.dailymail.co....tical-security-flaw.html
dodgepong  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2015 3:28:49 PM(UTC)
dodgepong

Adobe announced today they are closing the doors on Flash: http://blogs.adobe.com/c...-open-web-standards.html

Being able to use HTML5/web-based graphics as a replacement is going to become more and more crucial now.
tnorrell  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2015 4:33:04 AM(UTC)
tnorrell

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
That would also resolve the struggle we all share to design great XAML titles! I'm on board. :)
jip  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2015 9:21:46 AM(UTC)
jip

Estonia

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
dodgepong wrote:
Adobe announced today they are closing the doors on Flash: http://blogs.adobe.com/c...-open-web-standards.html

Being able to use HTML5/web-based graphics as a replacement is going to become more and more crucial now.

I agree.
IceStream  
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2015 9:44:51 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
Although I am not "up to date" on the whole debate and "death of Flash" rumors, this appears to be less of a closing of the doors, and more of a "we'll still be here" innovating as we always have until HTML5 fully matures, kind of like a "fly in the ointment" for those pushing for "Open Web Standards"...

Just my take on it.
Wordsmiths and spin doctors are quite clever when it comes to 'press releases' and announcements, no?

Ice