logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
yosik  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2015 5:36:47 AM(UTC)
yosik

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi,
We are checking to use Vmix in the following setup:

IPcamera ----------------------------------|---Computer1----|Video
Computer2 (with Desktop Capture)----|---with vMix-------|Projector

Microphone1 --|
Microphone2 --|-----Sound Mixer ----------PA system
Microphone3 --|

The issue we are having is that the video from the IPcamera gets a delay (circa 1 second) while passing through vMix. So the "LIVE" lecturer is out of sync with the projected video of himself. And so, of course, is the audio (because it runs directly to the PA system).

Is there a way to solve this issue? Am I doing something wrong with the above setup?

Thanks
Yossi

Michlalah - Jerusalem College
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2015 10:58:55 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ yosik

Unfortunately Michlalah, every 'link' in the chain of the digital processing adds hundreds of milliseconds to the signal.
Better hardware and fewer links can help to minimize the delay, but it is inherent to the 'processing'...

Depending on your specific needs (and budget), there are lots of options but your current set-up is not likely to be able to be improved upon with some 'setting'.
I realize that is not much help, but that is the reality.

Ice

paulshillito  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2015 8:52:00 AM(UTC)
paulshillito

Man

Yes, I have the same issue with with the audio and video going out of sync when your using a separate mic like a radio mic or several mics and a mixer like you are doing.

You need to place a hardware audio delay from the sum of your mics then take the output of that in to your sound card/PA.

Microphone1 --|
Microphone2 --|-----Sound Mixer ----AUX out---Audio Delay---FX/Aux return channel on mixer-- main mixer out----PA system
Microphone3 --|

I use a digitech timebender delay pedal with a normal digital delay setting with full wet out and no feedback but any delay pedal will do providing you can control the feedback and set it to zero and have just the wet or effected output, you dont want an echo effect where you hear both the original and the delayed audio.

I find i have to add 300ms to compensate for the video processing delay and bring the audio and video back in to sync but the amount you would need would depend on your computer setup, trial and error until fixed.