logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fenki86  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2015 1:40:08 PM(UTC)
fenki86

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Probably I'm just overlooking it, but is there a way to reset the countdown so that it starts again at 0?

Could be used f.e. as a continuous clock during a ball game... elapsed time since last goal... i could then trigger that shortcut via the Set-Text Option for the goal...

Any help appreciated...

regards

Michael
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2015 3:21:46 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ fenki86

The "Stop" button or "StopCountdown" function in 'Shortcuts' will "fastforward" the Clock to the "Stop Time" or "End Time".
The "Pause" button or "PauseCountdown" function in 'Shortcuts' will start and stop the counter.
The "Play" button or "StartCountdown" function in 'Shortcuts' will start the clock from the "Start Time".

So the scenario you request requires 3 steps to "0" out a "Count Up" timer.
Essentially, Stop-Play-Pause or Stop-Pause-Pause such that the last pause is pushed within the first second.
There is a 'Shortcut' function "PlayPause", however, this is not for the Countdown.

Ice
fenki86  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2015 3:48:29 PM(UTC)
fenki86

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
thanks IceStream...

this scenario with the "StopCountdown" is already in use to reset the penalty clock... as there is a stoppage in time I've got enough time to reset...

as in Handball there is no stoppage in time at a goal that's not a practical way as there are too many steps... For that particular case a "Reset Countdown" would be perfect to set the clock back to zero and immediately start counting again... however I'm going to do a trial if I can get that working with multiple Shortcuts and the trigger function...