logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
yoad.snapir  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 2:09:13 AM(UTC)
yoad.snapir

Groups: Registered

Hello,
I am running an operation where vMix is used for capture/mixing/streaming controlled by an external software.
We use vMix today up to the "streaming" portion where then we take control and run vMix's ffmpeg our own.
The main reason is that the streaming destinations and profiles could change due to external logic.

We would love to have an API function that could control the streaming properties such as:
- Streaming destinations (URL + stream key) or at least key alone. (for 1/2/3 settings)
- Streaming settings (quality)

Of if the above is too hard - at least control the "profile" used for the streaming using the API.

Thanks!
Pmckeown  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2017 5:44:03 AM(UTC)
Pmckeown

I'm looking for something similar.

Any chance the API could be extended to pass in the stream key (for YouTube in my case) at a minimum, or other settings if possible?

Thank you.
ljb2of3  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2017 9:04:51 PM(UTC)
ljb2of3

Pmckeown wrote:
I'm looking for something similar.

Any chance the API could be extended to pass in the stream key (for YouTube in my case) at a minimum, or other settings if possible?

Thank you.

That would be great! I'd like to automate the streaming setup at my church so that volunteers can go live with a single click, but I need the ability to change the stream key via the API to make that happen. The rest of the settings stay the same, but on Facebook the key changes every time.
zenon  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 4, 2017 2:36:10 PM(UTC)
zenon

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
+1

I think that at least in the last V20 changing the profile over the API would be fine.

on Facebook live we can prepare the show scheduled on fix hours, each show will send notification to the facebook followers, but for this each live stream has a rtmp address and a key , so we need to be able during a 24h live show to change the rtmp and the key for the facebook live !

actually What I do is to relaod a Vmix preset from external automation, before I change over script the xml config file from Vmix_preset by putting there the stream info,

but this is not the best solution because my external and records must be closed before, so changing the stream out is impacting the external out and the record..

it would be so simple to be able to send over API the stream info in any format or other solution to create an external XML file with same structure as the preset_file stream section
<StreamingSettings SelectedIndex="1">
<StreamingSetting>
<StreamingType>10</StreamingType>
</StreamingSetting>
</StreamingSettings>

and just notify Vmix over the API to load the stream_preset from file !

so "load stream_preset Value Filename" and "remove stream_preset Value preset name" would be the only 2 needed function

Answer would be appreciate to know what is Martin status !
mikey  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 7:33:39 PM(UTC)
mikey

Russian Federation

+1

I need the same feature for freestyle & greco-roman wrestling events to make single streams for each match.