logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
zentriloquy  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2015 9:17:19 AM(UTC)
zentriloquy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
System
I5 2.8Ghz
8GB RAM
Windows 7 Pro
7200 RPM recording drive - Western Digital Black
Asus R9 270 graphics card
E-MU 1212 sound card
Blackmagic Intensity pro hdmi capture card

First, the issue is definitely inside vMix. I can record perfectly into an audio only program (Reaper) with no distortion. I have tried everything I know and am out of ideas. The rest of the setup is as it will be used (if I can get it working) for a festival that starts Tuesday, and I have to have this working.

Mics go into a Yamaha O1V mixer. Main outputs to PA, Aux outputs to vMix into the E-MU 1212 inputs (all balanced connections). There is no over driving anywhere in the audio chain. Not on the mixer, not in vMix. I am using a blackmagic intensity pro hdmi capture card. Video works perfectly.

Audio is totally distorted on recordings. It is a digital distortion. The only thing I have not found out how to do is set the latency on the E-MU card, but again, straight audio into DAW software works fine.

To adjust audio latency for syncing video to audio recording there seems to be a few areas to do this. 1. Under Settings/Audio. 2. Using Configure Audio Settings in the Audio Mixer. Which one should be used? How do they interact?

vMix users and company - I really want to use this software. It looks great and does exactly what I need. But it is only useful if it actually works and is stable. This audio problem should not be happening. A few comments on audio implementation - Upgrade to ASIO drivers for audio so you can talk better to many audio devices. Allow 24 bit recording.

Any ideas would be most appreciated. I have tried every option under every window. I have tried changing the audio quality, and am out of ideas. Audio on the recording remains totally distorted.

Thanks.
ovinas  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2015 10:43:22 AM(UTC)
ovinas

Man

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Could you please post a screenshot of vMix showing your inputs and the audio mixer? Also screenshots of settings/audio and settings/audio outputs.
richardgatarski  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2015 11:45:19 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
zentriloquy,
if it is working fine with your DAW (I guess you are using the ASIO driver then) that does not guarantee success with vMix, which needs the WDM driver. Make sure you have the cards WDM driver and that it is compatible with Win7. Then try recording using Windows sound recorder. If that works, it should work with vMix as well.

You have to add an audio Input, use the WDM driver for the sound card (drop down selection in vMix) and check that the Audio format (eg 48 Khz, 16 bit, 2 channels) is what the card outputs. Then in vMix's Settings/Audio tab set Recording Audio to vMix audio.
zentriloquy  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2015 4:52:00 PM(UTC)
zentriloquy

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thank you for your posts. I gave up on the E-MU device and purchased a Focusrite 2i2 and it has solved the problem. Audio now records fine, with a slight delay mind, but not distorted. Still working on getting audio and video sync. IF you have advice on this that would be most appreciated.

And thanks again for the input.

vMix has to get into asio. It will help make this program compatible with many more devices.