logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
oriol20  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2015 7:42:48 AM(UTC)
oriol20

Groups: Registered

I've configured all the setting to stream to Youtube and it works. The only problem is my Internet connection, at first it streams at 800kbps the main connection and 400kbps to the backup, but a minute later, the speed goes down to 200kbps the main and 30 or 40kbps the backup. Why is happening this? Is there a way to "guarantee" a minimum transfer speed? It doesn't matter if then I can't surf on the net with another computer.

Thanks and sorry for my english.
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2015 9:28:01 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ oriol20

This is likely an issue with your ISP than some configuration setting on your part.
I am by no means an IT geek, but I suspect it is 'common' practice among some ISP's to provide initial bursts of High Speed Internet to customers and then throttle down after a period of time to share and/or preserve Bandwidth.
This is a regular occurrence for me with my ISP, I'm paying for HighSpeed, but after the first 30 seconds of burst, I am quickly down throttled to 'dial-up' speeds.
I rarely 'upload' from home anymore and downloading anything is just a pain in the ass.
But alas, my options are limited from my rural location.

Ice
oriol20  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2015 9:42:21 AM(UTC)
oriol20

Thanks for answering! I don't live in a rural area althought I live in a village with a connection of 8mbps contracted, but the truth is that I have 1mbps and rarely a few more. I don't live in the USA, I'm from Catalonia and the ISP is Movistar.

But I think is not the ISP because I continue having 1mbps without "down" peaks, is like if the router think that I'm not important and let me in background.