logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
h2video.nl  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2015 2:14:17 PM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
i frequently record presentations and record the powerpont and speaker in a multiview. below an example.

example multiview with powerpoint input

because the pp is 4by3 I have the remaining part for the speaker. but in order to keep the peaker in view i have to pan the camera with speaker in center. i can do that remotely with a pan tilt head or with somebode behind the camera.

there is another way, build in vmix and this is the pan controle of the multi view.

it would be a real addition to be able to controle the input of the multi view using this pan control directly in the control window. so i have this request:

Martin is it possible to add an option in the multiview window to port the pan control to the front of a specific multiview input window so it can be controlled and used after the multiview optionwindow is closed.

in addition it would be handy to have the input stck to the mouse so it is easy to control using the mouse without having to look at the slider control.

and... if the control is smoothed, so start and end movements are slow to start and slow to end - this would be heaven!!

this would be a very good addition to vmix as a lecture capturing set, illiminating the need for somebody behind the camera and a better way to control the camera pan with a standard pan tilt head.

the top top top of this control would be a kind of follow pan locked on a speakers face or some marker ( my camera can do this with face follow focus ) but i guess this would require a lot of work. this way the object or petson with be in center all the time and this would be a kind of auto pilot.

porting the build in pan control of a specific input in a multiview to the front , or being able to control it another way with assigning a key ( left and right ) would be very welcome.
stefan

cutter07  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2015 3:42:49 AM(UTC)
cutter07

Man

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
+1
richardgatarski  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2015 7:08:35 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
+1

We use a "double box" design for powerpoint+presenter, see a demo.

@Martin,
I think that one of the uses for 4K cameras in many productions to be be able to use fixed cameras, and use the "redundant resolution" (few viewers have 4K displays/TVs) to pan the way Stefan describes it.

One issue, I guess, using mouse control is that Windows' mouse input focus would then be tied to the pan control. Maybe control via the API is necessary instead...
h2video.nl  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2015 8:07:03 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Hi Richard,
very nice presentation and website!
and plus 1 for the 4k option because that would be the reason for me to start using 4k set, although HD 1920 1080 will do for me.

the pan control should be build in the multiview option, because often i have to make one on the fly, per example if a speaker is switching position from left to right of the screen i want to use a multi with speaker at thight looking at the pp box on the left. also i sometimes have to switch using a 9:16 pp so have to change the layout slightly.

using the pan control would pref be something like a tick box with the input and the it's assigned to a key ( left and righ arrows) but this is already getting more complicated for Martin.

a quick sollution would be to start and have the pan control of the ticked input display under the multiview so it is controllable with the mouse...

it would make my day!!!
stefan
Ittaidv  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 6:12:01 PM(UTC)
Ittaidv

Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 75 post(s)
+1
IceStream  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 6:41:18 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
+1

I would think some of the groundwork in programming (or concept anyway) may already exist for such a thing given the SFX with some web cam softwares and Google+ Hangouts for "hats" and "facemasks" that track face movements in 'real time'. Being able to track the movement and keep it centered within a box in 'Multi-View' sounds like an awesome feature, especially for "one-man" crews.

Ice
richardgatarski  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 3:52:15 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Stefan,
Thanks, but we were only responsible for the (live) video production (everything except from the main stage). And the "website" is a play channel out of the functionality by the Swedish CDN http://solidtango.com

In any case, I still think the panning functionality should be per camera input. That is, not as a part of a Multiview setup. Simply because we tend to built two "double box" multiviews. One for ppt to the left, and one for ppt to the right. Both with the very same panning need for the speaker cam box (using a camera input).

I leave it up to Martin to ponder about the possibility to use automatic "SFX panning". Would for sure be very nice, but maybe difficult to implement.
computerman1597  
#8 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2015 5:53:29 PM(UTC)
computerman1597

Auto panning would have to be pretty well-tested and have a lot of smoothing going on. My experience with the auto tracking type things has often been less than stellar, they tend to bounce around a bit, and sometimes loose you completely. this could work under the right situation though.

What about using a pc gamepad or joystick? With a little bit of smoothing, you could probably get decent results, and most have buttons on them that could be used to switch between a couple of different sources. I don't think a joystick would in any way affect the mouse and keyboard, so you could have someone else running the joystick if you wanted to.