logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fordry  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 28, 2012 7:19:47 PM(UTC)
fordry

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
This isn't necessarily directly related to vmix, but I am wondering if anyone has a good idea or knows of a good solution for getting video recorded to hard drive by vmix to a dvd as quickly as possible. I do video work for our church and we have used dvd recorders to create a dvd which is then replicated as soon as the service is over and within half an hour or so, several copies are being taken to shut-ins or being given out to people before they leave. I have tried to pump out a dvd nearly as fast from the computer but so far it takes a little too long re-encoding the video and then getting it burned to disc.

Is one of the Mpeg-2 settings directly dvd compatible without being re-encoded? (haven't really been able to figure out how to burn the video directly if it is) Or is there some other way to quickly get a dvd? I am working with a core 2 quad or phenom 2 x4 machine so either should be able to handle getting video encoded relatively quickly. we also have 2 parts to the service so if there is a solution where we could encode one section of the video first and then just have to deal with the last part at the end, that would be good. I will say this, the windows dvd maker is too slow.
fordry  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2012 11:36:14 AM(UTC)
fordry

Ok, After hunting around some and doing a little research I have found a setup that I think will work, though I would still like to hear others' ideas if you have some. I am using a free program called dvd styler which allows for direct to disc dvd creation without re-encoding if the video and audio is already in the right format.

There is a problem with the recording options vmix has on this front though. The mpeg2 option for video is just fine, for audio its not. It would be really nice if ac3, dts, or pcm could be added as an option for encoding the audio in mpeg2 mode (perhaps as an additional paid add-on? I realize there are licensing fees involved with dts and ac3.) and adding the option for 48khz audio for any of them which is also the dvd standard, not 44.1khz. For ntsc dvd players, mp2 is not required and many standalone devices don't support it meaning a re-encode of the audio is required between recording and going to disc if the intended audience is in North America or any other ntsc region.
dundurs  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2012 4:37:39 AM(UTC)
dundurs

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 22 post(s)
fordry wrote:
Ok, After hunting around some and doing a little research I have found a setup that I think will work, though I would still like to hear others' ideas if you have some. I am using a free program called dvd styler which allows for direct to disc dvd creation without re-encoding if the video and audio is already in the right format.

There is a problem with the recording options vmix has on this front though. The mpeg2 option for video is just fine, for audio its not. It would be really nice if ac3, dts, or pcm could be added as an option for encoding the audio in mpeg2 mode (perhaps as an additional paid add-on? I realize there are licensing fees involved with dts and ac3.) and adding the option for 48khz audio for any of them which is also the dvd standard, not 44.1khz. For ntsc dvd players, mp2 is not required and many standalone devices don't support it meaning a re-encode of the audio is required between recording and going to disc if the intended audience is in North America or any other ntsc region.

One alternative approach (if internet connection is available) is to create a web application consisting of:
1. flash visualisation (swf) of score/time hosted on a web server. this can be added as an input in vMix
2. user interface for score/time input, for example a php page hosted on the same web server
The result is something like this (possible to enter teams, time, etc): http://www.bkventspils.l...ska_cina_uzvar_roanne_ch
This way you have full control over the visualisation and any information you want to display dinamically.
ELCHAPIN  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2012 1:17:51 PM(UTC)
ELCHAPIN

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi all
I have years of using the SONY DIRECT.
in the Church places the SONY as a second video output screen.
I found a VGA adapter Video in HD resolution.
a tower of 8 DVD's burners.
We got 1 master DVD,
And ready easy.
Cheap.
and a see you watching what goes Live recording.
according to the required amount of DVD's will need 2, 3 DVD towers Burnes, for more quickly.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Quote:
<div style='text-align:center'>

. YOUTUBE
fordry  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2012 4:39:00 PM(UTC)
fordry

dundurs wrote:
fordry wrote:

One alternative approach (if internet connection is available) is to create a web application consisting of:
1. flash visualisation (swf) of score/time hosted on a web server. this can be added as an input in vMix
2. user interface for score/time input, for example a php page hosted on the same web server
The result is something like this (possible to enter teams, time, etc): http://www.bkventspils.l...ska_cina_uzvar_roanne_ch
This way you have full control over the visualisation and any information you want to display dinamically.

I really don't see how any of what you said has anything to do with what I'm talking about.
mh166  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 1, 2012 12:42:56 AM(UTC)
mh166

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I'm afraid he mistakenly posted it in the wrong thread. It should have gone here instead, I guess.
dundurs  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 2, 2012 7:41:51 AM(UTC)
dundurs

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 22 post(s)
mh166 wrote:
I'm afraid he mistakenly posted it in the wrong thread. It should have gone here instead, I guess.

Yeah, my bad, wrong thread.
guztavo  
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2012 9:02:38 PM(UTC)
guztavo

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
ELCHAPIN!
Hi!!! In an old post you mentioned that you found a VGA conversor... can you post a link to see it?
Its something like that?

Regards!