logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Solomon  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 5, 2015 11:49:42 AM(UTC)
Solomon

Groups: Registered

I've been thinking recently on how to add computers into a vMix stream rather than using desktop capture. Does anyone know of anyway getting like a computer HDMI or VGA output using an adapter or something as a USB input to my computer? Would it in theory work and show up as an input device?

I realise it's a weird question but I'm thinking about using vMix for streaming etc.

Thanks!
Len56  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 5, 2015 1:13:09 PM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Hi Solomon,

No its not weird question I do this myself, It depends on how much money you want to spend in doing this.

I do it by using a 4 channel HDMI PCIe card, that way you can use 2 or 3 cameras and a laptop via HDMI, there are many cards on the market but the one I use is the YUAN SC510N4-HDMI PCIe card.

If you look around the vMix forums you will see people talking about the different cards, here in the UK these cards are quite expensive and are not easy to find. One cheaper way is to buy a USB to HDMI box, YUAN, BlackMagic Design and other companies do them.

Can you tell us a bit more about your setup please.
thanks 1 user thanked Len56 for this useful post.
Solomon on 4/5/2015(UTC)
GeorgeR  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2015 2:41:12 PM(UTC)
GeorgeR

Man

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Solomon wrote:
I've been thinking recently on how to add computers into a vMix stream rather than using desktop capture. Does anyone know of anyway getting like a computer HDMI or VGA output using an adapter or something as a USB input to my computer? Would it in theory work and show up as an input device?

I realise it's a weird question but I'm thinking about using vMix for streaming etc.

Thanks!

There may be another solution to what you want to do. It's from Magewell (Magewell XI100DUSB-HDMI HDMI to USB 3.0 Video Capture Dongle http://www.amazon.com/Ma...agewell+xi100dusb-hdmi).

Cheers!
thanks 1 user thanked GeorgeR for this useful post.
Solomon on 4/7/2015(UTC)
Solomon  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2015 2:46:16 PM(UTC)
Solomon

Thanks for replying! I've had a little try with my Elgato that I dug out and it seems to do the job - even if it is a few seconds out. It works for the time being but I might get a HDMI capture card at some point. Thanks again!