logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ogry  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2015 3:41:19 PM(UTC)
ogry

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
It would be really useful to have a pause button in the recording of certain types of events in studios and sets.

That would avoid having to splice sections recorded for theater performances or choral presentations of long duration, with breaks.

Bardos  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2015 4:00:31 PM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups: Guests
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I think the stop record only is a very safe thing...what would happen if you pause, and forget to restart....or hit the pause too quickly...then there is another issue.......I wanna stop, I hit stop, and am asked for confirmation, that gives me time to quit, if I had a quick change of mind.....I don't really see a need for a 'Pause' button at all.....I just label my clips, or they are automatically numbered for me.....so, I can find any place in the recording....I think sometimes we ask programmers for too much.....
ogry  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 8:43:17 PM(UTC)
ogry

Perhaps a button is not the best idea, but I still see the need to implement the function. When I have to produce the long video that i'm being asked, from two or three hours of recording of a theater play with five parts and two long pauses, I have to join these five parts to remove breaks and that leads to my top end computer about 12 hours (@4k). Do not ask me what it takes to join 10 lectures of 45 minutes from a long running conference. And theses usually are urgent...

For me, a programmer is to provide solutions that improve processes. This process can be improved, there is much room for improvement.

One possibility to implement the function would be to continue a recording already finished. It might not be too complicated to have a tick in the preset to determine this behavior.
Duff TV  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2015 8:06:41 AM(UTC)
Duff TV

Totally agree, I also have a need for pausing during theatre shows.

What about having to double click in order to stop a recording. Just a nice little safeguard.