logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
techie_v2  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 5:01:08 AM(UTC)
techie_v2

Groups: Registered

During a recent live stream, Vmix crashed 3 times over the course of 2 hours. I'd like to try and find out why, so I can prevent it happening again.

Granted I was running it on a laptop, of which the specs are

Intel Core i7 M640 2.8 Ghz
4Gb RAM
Intel Solid state drive

Vmix v15

This input I had running were 1 video camera running through a USB video capture device
2 Desktop captures, capturing other laptops all connected to the same switch (wired, not wireless)
1 Audio track running constantly on a loop
1 PowerPoint
various virtual sets with different mixtures of 2 of the above screens.

I was simultaneously streaming to youtube, recording in mp4 format and outputting full screen to a second monitor.

I appreciate I was asking vmix to do a lot considering the lack of dedicated graphics on the laptop but would like to know exactly why it crashed.

The crashes were all the same, all the output kept going, e.g .I was still streaming, still recording and still had the second monitor running but the Vmix interface locked up and I could no longer do any switches between inputs. Video was still running in preview and outputs. just the interface locked up.

I could still interact with the rest of the laptop, just not Vmix

Can anyone give me any pointers as to where to look for reasons bar the general "you need a more suited machine to do that much"

Thanks