logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tomoost  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 6:58:48 AM(UTC)
Tomoost

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I am checking out the vMix software to prepare a minecraft game livestream with about 4-5 people simultaneously. When starting vMix on a regular windows laptop at location X, the desktop capture is running on a desktop pc (Radeon R9 290, i7-2600,8gb,gigabit) on location Y. When connecting with the desktop through the external IP, the desktop capture is giving not more than 6fps. This is the same case when using vMix on the powerful desktop (location Y) and the desktop capture software on a macbook (location X) and even on another windows laptop on location Z. We never exceeded 6FPS in all cases whilst the minecraft game is running fluently. According to the 'desktop capture performance' KB article, we meet all requirements..

The bandwidth is not the problem - there was plenty of bandwidth unused in all scenario's.
The CPU was also not the problem - vMix was using not more than 10% and the desktop capture devices also had enough left.
The image qualtiy 'medium' and 'low' JPEG were used, only for the minecraft window.
In some cases WiFi was used on the Desktop capture device but that should not be the problem as there was plenty of bandwidth left.
The port 20555 (UDP/TCP) was forwarded in all the routers at all locations.
Selected framerate 25 in vMix.
We are using the free vMix package.

Do you have a solution for us?

Thanks in advance!
Tom
Thremir  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 7:39:35 AM(UTC)
Thremir

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 29 post(s)
For this I would very much recommend a DirectX capture engine like Open Broadcaster Service, xSplit or dxtory (+ encode software).

In addition to this you will either need a RTSP encoder (like vlc or ffmpeg) which will go P2P over to vMix, or a local RTMP server like Flash Media Server which vMix can get video from.

I would recommend usin FMS + OBS with RTMP, but FMS (Flash Media Server) is a paid program (altough you can get it "free" from certain websites), so go with whatever matches your budget.

Cheers,
Håvard
Tomoost  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2015 10:17:35 AM(UTC)
Tomoost

Håvard,

Thank you for your reply, we will investigate that solution!