logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bucsatul  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 12:33:10 PM(UTC)
bucsatul

Groups: Registered

Hi there,

Some questions regarding shortcuts:

I am trying to create a chain of shortcuts in order to automatically generate a replay event (from two live cameras), send them to output (one camera after the other) at normal playback speed, decrease the playback speed to 50% and send them again to output (for a second playback of both cameras in slow motion).

For that, I've created the list of shortcuts as below:

Key..............Function
A.......... ReplayMarkInOutLive..................... (value 5)(also triggers B,C)
B.......... ReplayToggleLastEventCamera 2
C.......... ReplayPlayLastEventToOutput
D.......... ReplayChangeSpeed...................... (value -0,5)(also triggers E)
E.......... ReplayPlayLastEventToOutput

If I press shortcut A (that is also triggering shortcuts B and C), it is generating my instant replays event, activating also camera 2 and sending both of them to output for playback at 100%. That is fine.

Shortcut D (that is also triggering shortcut E) is decreasing playback speed to 50% and sending both camera events to output (at 50% speed). That is fine.

Is there a way to link the two groups of shortcuts together, so that when I press shortcut A, all shortcuts are triggered, but in listed order, one after the other (ex: when shortcut C ends, automatically trigger shortcut D)?
Triggering D along with A or C doesn't work, as it should "wait" until C is over to start D.

Is there a way to insert time-delays between shortcuts, for the ones triggered together? That would help a lot to completelly automatise a replay event, just by pressing a single shortcut.

Thanks,

Emil.
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 6:36:16 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ bucsatul

The short answer to your question is No, 'Shortcuts' cannot be time delayed (AFAIK).
The long answer is that some of what you want to accomplish may be possible with 'Triggers' which can be time delayed, but there is an inherent danger with that unless you are absolutely sure you want a particular behavior to occur every time you 'Transition In or Out' or 'On Completion' of a particular input (or at least until you change the 'Trigger' function).
Your particular scenario is complicated by the fact that the default behavior for the 'ReplayPlayLastEventToOutput' is to transition back to the last input upon completion and I am not sure if you can override that, but you could try, although what you are asking will likely to get stuck into an endless 'loop' if you use the 'Triggers' feature, and that is definitely not what you want.
Personally, I prefer not to give too much over to 'automation' and I think your scenario is best accomplished with two or three independent presses of 'Shortcut' keys, you will have better control of your broadcast that way, for instance, you may initiate a 'Replay' and 3 seconds later an altercation or fight breaks out... but you are already in the midst of a 30 second automated replay sequence (5+5+10+10).
A shortcut to Mark In/Out and another to 'Play to Output' is best in that scenario, you have the ability to 'edit' the 'In' and 'Out' points before going 'Live'...
Just my thoughts.

Ice
thanks 1 user thanked IceStream for this useful post.
bucsatul on 3/21/2015(UTC)
bucsatul  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2015 3:24:57 AM(UTC)
bucsatul

IceStream wrote:
@ bucsatul

The short answer to your question is No, 'Shortcuts' cannot be time delayed (AFAIK).
The long answer is that some of what you want to accomplish may be possible with 'Triggers' which can be time delayed, but there is an inherent danger with that unless you are absolutely sure you want a particular behavior to occur every time you 'Transition In or Out' or 'On Completion' of a particular input (or at least until you change the 'Trigger' function).
Your particular scenario is complicated by the fact that the default behavior for the 'ReplayPlayLastEventToOutput' is to transition back to the last input upon completion and I am not sure if you can override that, but you could try, although what you are asking will likely to get stuck into an endless 'loop' if you use the 'Triggers' feature, and that is definitely not what you want.
Personally, I prefer not to give too much over to 'automation' and I think your scenario is best accomplished with two or three independent presses of 'Shortcut' keys, you will have better control of your broadcast that way, for instance, you may initiate a 'Replay' and 3 seconds later an altercation or fight breaks out... but you are already in the midst of a 30 second automated replay sequence (5+5+10+10).
A shortcut to Mark In/Out and another to 'Play to Output' is best in that scenario, you have the ability to 'edit' the 'In' and 'Out' points before going 'Live'...
Just my thoughts.

Ice

Thank you Ice for your thoughts.

First of all let me say that the InstantReplay add-on is a great piece of software and the thing that drives it to "awesome" is that the creators are open and listening to customers feedback in order to improve. That's why I'm here on this forum.

There is a difference between very good and great given by the fact that you could want to use an option (maybe rarely) but you don't have it, or you won't use it (or few people use it) but you have it available.

I'm sure I'm not the only one looking into automatizing, as much as possible, a replay process.
Generating, with a single shortcut click, a process that would replay all my camera angles in order, and subsequently replay them again with a given slow motion value, return to previous input and export the replay to an external folder, would be really an awesome feature. And many other combinations would be possible...

I'm not a programmer, so I have no clue how difficult that would be to implement, but leaving the option for the user to choose between "trigger additional shortcuts on start" or "on completion of current shortcut" would be great!

That would allow tremendous possibilities of automatizing various processes for a single operator mode, based on a single shortcut click.

Maybe Martin could give us a feedback on that, if there is already a way or if that would be possible to implement in the future.

Thanks,

Emil.
bucsatul  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2015 2:42:28 PM(UTC)
bucsatul

Anybody?
Some ideas or suggestions?
bucsatul  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 6:20:28 AM(UTC)
bucsatul

Has anybody found a workaround on how to automatically trigger some shortcuts "on completion" of a previous one(without additional key pressed)?
bucsatul  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2015 4:34:28 PM(UTC)
bucsatul

Hi Martin,

Is there a chance that we can still hope you will add the "on completion" triggering of shortcuts (as an alternative to trigger also...)?

It would open tremendous possibilities for your software to be used by single operators on amateur leagues.
Even if this modification would be done on a later updates, it would still be a very nice feature.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Regards,

Emil.
Ph0en1x  
#7 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2015 12:24:57 PM(UTC)
Ph0en1x

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
This is EXACTLY what i'm missing too. My desired flow is as follows:

1 Either hit E or R. Both keys trigger ReplayPlayLastEventToOutput and OverlayInput1In or OverlayInput2In for a picture-in-picture live camera in the top-left or -right corner, depending on the key pressed.
2. After 5 seconds, the overlayed PiP zooms to fullscreen, covering the entire replay
3. The replay finishes after 6.something seconds (5 second replay @ 75%) and transitions back to live (this all happening behind overlay 1 or 2).
4. The overlay is turned of with OverlayInput1Off and OverlayInput2Off.

Now, steps 1, 3 and 4 are no problem.

I'm stuck at step 2 however, since i can't use the Advanced Shortcut sequence because i can't delay activation of the OverlayInput1Zoom-shortcut. And because there are two possible triggers (depending on where i want the PiP), i can't use triggers (since it's not a-then-b but rather a-or-b).

[Edit]Just solved my problem by putting the trigger for OverlayInput1Zoom on the out-transitioning main camera input with a 5 second delay and putting the trigger for OverlayInput2Zoom on the in-transitioning Instant Replay input.

Bucsatul, you can probably do the same by turning shortcuts D and E into triggers on the Instant Replay input.
bucsatul  
#8 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 4:27:39 PM(UTC)
bucsatul

Ph0en1x wrote:
This is EXACTLY what i'm missing too. My desired flow is as follows:

1 Either hit E or R. Both keys trigger ReplayPlayLastEventToOutput and OverlayInput1In or OverlayInput2In for a picture-in-picture live camera in the top-left or -right corner, depending on the key pressed.
2. After 5 seconds, the overlayed PiP zooms to fullscreen, covering the entire replay
3. The replay finishes after 6.something seconds (5 second replay @ 75%) and transitions back to live (this all happening behind overlay 1 or 2).
4. The overlay is turned of with OverlayInput1Off and OverlayInput2Off.

Now, steps 1, 3 and 4 are no problem.

I'm stuck at step 2 however, since i can't use the Advanced Shortcut sequence because i can't delay activation of the OverlayInput1Zoom-shortcut. And because there are two possible triggers (depending on where i want the PiP), i can't use triggers (since it's not a-then-b but rather a-or-b).

[Edit]Just solved my problem by putting the trigger for OverlayInput1Zoom on the out-transitioning main camera input with a 5 second delay and putting the trigger for OverlayInput2Zoom on the in-transitioning Instant Replay input.

Bucsatul, you can probably do the same by turning shortcuts D and E into triggers on the Instant Replay input.

Hi Ph0en1x,

I'm trying to understand if you put OverlayInput1Zoom on the out-transitioning of main camera input (with delay) and OverlayInput2Zoom on the in-transitioning Instant Replay input (with delay), aren't both Overlays "overlaying each other"?
I mean, the main camera is transitioning out and instant replay goes in, so both overlays should be triggered, no?

Are you saying that the Instant Replay input is allowing time-delayed triggering of events when transitioning in and out?

Thanks,

Bucsatul.

Ph0en1x  
#9 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2015 5:37:24 AM(UTC)
Ph0en1x

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
bucsatul wrote:
I'm trying to understand if you put OverlayInput1Zoom on the out-transitioning of main camera input (with delay) and OverlayInput2Zoom on the in-transitioning Instant Replay input (with delay), aren't both Overlays "overlaying each other"?
I mean, the main camera is transitioning out and instant replay goes in, so both overlays should be triggered, no?

Yes, both OverlayInput1Zoom and OverlayInput2Zoom are triggered, but only one overlay is active at that time. Which overlay is initially displayed i can determine by pressing either E (PiP top-left corner) or R (PiP top-right corner). I then want either overlay to automatically OverlayZoom to fullscreen and then OverlayOff. However automatic triggering of EITHER OverlayInput1Zoom OR OverlayInput2Zoom is not possible with 1) a delayed shortcut for E/R or 2) triggers on one input. But by spreading triggers over an out-transitioning first input and an in-transitioning second input, it works. Both events are triggered, but because only one of the two overlay channels is visible, one of the triggers just doesn't do anything.

Quote:
Are you saying that the Instant Replay input is allowing time-delayed triggering of events when transitioning in and out?
Yes, that is my experience.