logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admin  
#41 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:34:33 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4157 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
vMix Virtual Audio Capture records all audio from the default sound card primarily because QuickTime and Flash/RTMP provide no control over the output audio device whatsoever making a global capture the only way to record them.

If most customers could do without recorded audio from QuickTime and Flash/RTMP sources then I could theoretically implement a toggle switch in the vMix Virtual Audio Capture.

This is a big project however so its not something that will be in the final v3 release.
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
ELCHAPIN on 5/3/2012(UTC)
dundurs  
#42 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:43:26 PM(UTC)
dundurs

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 22 post(s)
admin wrote:
vMix Virtual Audio Capture records all audio from the default sound card primarily because QuickTime and Flash/RTMP provide no control over the output audio device whatsoever making a global capture the only way to record them.

If most customers could do without recorded audio from QuickTime and Flash/RTMP sources then I could theoretically implement a toggle switch in the vMix Virtual Audio Capture.

This is a big project however so its not something that will be in the final v3 release.

A quick thought is that Stereo mix input in vMix could be used to deal with Quicktime and Flash/RTMP sources, because I assume audio from Flash or Quicktime is definately something some of us including myself enjoy in vMix.
am8jq  
#43 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2012 4:16:28 AM(UTC)
am8jq

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
A play all button would be very helpful so that synchronized videos are sure to start at the same time.
fordry  
#44 Posted : Saturday, April 28, 2012 7:32:30 PM(UTC)
fordry

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
am8jq wrote:
A play all button would be very helpful so that synchronized videos are sure to start at the same time.

I definitely can see the usefulness of this feature and I will add, perhaps the ability to group inputs for this implementation, not just a play all button. Realize this won't make v3 (unless you were already planning it and i am forgetting it from the list) but it would be a nice feature to have.
thanks 1 user thanked fordry for this useful post.
am8jq  
#45 Posted : Wednesday, May 2, 2012 1:57:32 AM(UTC)
am8jq

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Is anyone else having trouble with videos automatically pausing even when the "automatically pause preview input after transition" check box is not selected?
thanks 1 user thanked am8jq for this useful post.
admin  
#46 Posted : Wednesday, May 2, 2012 9:15:59 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Try checking the individual settings for each input.
If you save a preset while automatically pause preview is selected those settings will be retained in that preset.
You can double check this by clicking the i button under the input and checking the setting there.
kkr  
#47 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 7:52:21 AM(UTC)
kkr

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi,
I have tested you latest version of vMix and I really like it :-)
I am trying to use it to mix live event (sport) (and later stream to internet (rtmp-server) using AdobeFMLE)
The biggest problem I have is the distance between the cameras and the mixer (> 100 meters).
So far my best working solution has been to stream all cameras to a locally placed RTMP server (Gbit network),
then pull the camera streams from the local RTMP-server (Gbit) to vMix using the "Flash tab input" and enter rtmp-addr.
What is you recommended solution for this problem?? (Limited budget!!)
If this is "one" sensible way of doing things I have some suggestion for new functions...

Can you make a manually adjustable buffer for the RTMP stream input (more predictable delay).
The auto buffering is probably nice but I need the cameras to be more or less in sync for mixing.
Camera suddenly increasing the buffer is not "what I wish for" (I have seen it a couple of times)
(Same delay on all cameras when mixing is OK)
A buffer from 0-5sec. in increments of 0.1s??? If buffer empty: freeze picture until restored.
(xSplit has a working stable rtmp-buffer, but is not really a mixer at all)

Option of disabling buffer progress bar in picture for RTMP-stream.

Can you expand the remote screen capture to also include a "remote device capture",
and have it streamed in your preferred format/protocol to Mixer?

Can you make an output to rtmp not just http stream.

Still evaluating but have found no better alternative than vMix (price/features/performance) :-)

Regards
Kjetil
admin  
#48 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 1:59:49 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

The option to specify the live buffer (or set it to zero) for RTMP streams will be in the next v3 release.

Have you looked at connection options such as SDI which supports coax cable lengths over 100 meters?
This would be recommended instead of using RTMP streams.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
fordry  
#49 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 1:43:10 PM(UTC)
fordry

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I have been testing this out on Windows 8 Consumer Preview. I realize its a few months from launch still but I thought I would bring up a little issue I ran into getting vmix to work properly. By default, it will come up and work fine for a moment, but then the interface will freeze. It continues to play, record, or stream to external but the interface is completely frozen, can't even move the window around or hit the x. Not entirely sure what the trigger is, whether time or something else. I set it to run in Windows 7 compatibility and it has worked perfectly ever since.

I will add for anyone else using this with Flash media encoder, fmle needed the same treatment or it dropped the stream every few minutes.
admin  
#50 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2012 2:14:09 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Windows 8 support for vMix will be available with the release of Windows 8 Release Preview due sometime in June.
dundurs  
#51 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 1:14:30 AM(UTC)
dundurs

Hello,

Yesterday I got an error message "Recording has stopped unexpectedly" for the 2nd time during a live production. This time I did not loose the internet connection, and recording still stopped. To find out what the source of the problem is, maybe its a good idea to display more error information? We have a lot of people working with vMix and during these critical seconds its not always convenient to send error back to vMix serevr, but a human readable more detailed error message could help a lot.

Dundurs
ELCHAPIN  
#52 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 10:50:16 PM(UTC)
ELCHAPIN

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks Martin
to add something like EASYWORKSHIP.
Long ago and requested.
in the PIP option circle, oval edge of dissolution
is what more and request, To give the best view to PIP or Videos.
Other than just pictures. only square not much profit.
all work is almost perfect in videomixers Soft.
Thank you.

Promoting in Latin America will continue your work at the websites

(google traductor del español LatinoAmericano )
admin  
#53 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 11:14:58 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Dundurs,

Could you provide the following information to help me diagnose the problem:

1. What version were you running?
2. What codec and audio device were used during the recording?
3. Were you able to send an error report?

The error message itself provides some detailed information at the bottom of the error window where available.
If it says "Codec Not Responding" this can indicate the codec has stopped compressing and hasn't provided a reason.
If it provides more detailed information this can be used to determine if there is an issue with vMix itself.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
dundurs  
#54 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:22:44 AM(UTC)
dundurs

admin wrote:
Dundurs,

Could you provide the following information to help me diagnose the problem:

1. What version were you running?
2. What codec and audio device were used during the recording?
3. Were you able to send an error report?

The error message itself provides some detailed information at the bottom of the error window where available.
If it says "Codec Not Responding" this can indicate the codec has stopped compressing and hasn't provided a reason.
If it provides more detailed information this can be used to determine if there is an issue with vMix itself.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

1. Im running version 7.3.0.50
2. I was using hauppauge usb input (also audio from this device), flash input and video delay. I was recording using mpeg2 recorder.
3. Unfortunately I did not send the report.

There were actually no additional report messages.
dundurs  
#55 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:29:33 AM(UTC)
dundurs

Another problem I have come across is a choppy audio in some cases when streaming using FMLE. You can check out the recording here: http://video.tiesraides....120515121702_latun_0.mp4

We are having this problme on two of three systems, where we are testing vMix Virtual Audio device and latest vMix version. We have tried playing local audio, audio from line in, audio from hauppauge and result is all the same. We have tried using MP3 and AAC encoder and that did not help either.

FMLE config is the following:
<device>vMix Virtual Audio Capture</device>
<crossbar_input>0</crossbar_input>
<sample_rate>44100</sample_rate>
<channels>1</channels>
<input_volume>100</input_volume>

I vMix we are forwarding audio to the Default Direct Sound Device.

Another thing is that the sound is ok if we listen to it via speakers on vMix machine, the problem seems to come up when FMLE uses vMix Audio device.

Dundurs
admin  
#56 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 6:25:16 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Dundurs,

Thanks for the information. The updated v3 release solves the issues with the audio you mentioned.
It occurs when the audio playback rate in windows is set to 44.1 for some drivers instead of 48. The fix will work fine on both.

As for the stopped recording, I am adding some additional checks to the new version which might help.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
dundurs on 5/16/2012(UTC)
dundurs  
#57 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2012 10:15:55 AM(UTC)
dundurs

Thanks for the response, Martin. Looking forward to the new version.

Another issue I came across:
I wanted to assign a button to turn on/off sound of input1. To do that I created a keyboard shortcut with key: a, function: audio, duration: 1000, input: [input_name]. However when pressing "a", nothing happens. Perhaps Im doing something wrong? This would be very useful functionality in my case (to avoid using mouse).
mh166  
#58 Posted : Friday, May 18, 2012 1:45:26 AM(UTC)
mh166

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I found another bug with one capturing device I use. It's this Easy Grabber from Technaxx. I got two of these little helpers. While it works perfectly with only having one of them as an input, it stops both or at least one of them if I add the second one as input.

As soon as I plug in the second, the second input shows up and -if at all- video is coming for the fraction of a second. Afterwards either one or even both video sources turn black. Reset isn't helping.

By trying anything to get it up and running we "accidentially" found a workaround: put one input -whatever it may be!- between the grabbers when adding them as input. Now it works! You can move them around, remove the input that was in between ... no problems so far.

Therefore something seems to be wrong when those two grabbers lie next to each other when adding them.

If it helps, here's a few data about my setup:
* Windows XP SP3 32bit, latest Updates.
* vMix stable and vMix v3 testing --> both have this bug
* In windows' device manager it shows up as "SMI Grabber Device" having the device-specifier USB\Vid_1c88&Pid_003c&Rev_0100.

Additional data may be provided as requested.

Another thing I noticed but haven't been able to reproduce: sometime the video from the grabber freezes. After doing a reset it works, luckily. So no big deal here. But I think you still should know about it. :)

Thanks for all your work!
Regards, mh166
admin  
#59 Posted : Friday, May 18, 2012 6:37:40 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi,

Could you try again without adding the input in the middle now it is working? I suspect that is a coincidence.
You have probably run into the USB bandwidth limit that applies when plugging in more than one USB device into a single hub.
To fix this, install each capture device in the USB port as far away on the motherboard as the other port as possible. If that doesn't work you will need to install a separate USB input card for the second device.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

dundurs  
#60 Posted : Friday, May 18, 2012 6:41:09 AM(UTC)
dundurs

I also had this issue with two usb haupppauges working simultaneously, and choosing an independent USB bus for each device solved the problem. This tool might be very helpful to understand, which USB bus is being used when: https://www.google.lv/se...=UTF-8&q=usbview.exe