logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
melody  
#21 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2012 4:22:29 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

hi martin,

some issues founded in this new v3:

- web interface is not working correctly, just vmix logo and black screen on browser;
- FTB is not working;

at once this are the issues i founded... i`ll keep test v3 here...
good job by the way...

regards,
melody
www.espiritosanto.cc
watchfulone  
#22 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2012 4:45:08 PM(UTC)
watchfulone

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Hi good job as usual to all of you, I am testing v3 very good so far, but i notice that there is still not an feature/option to stream directly to Ustream using my account rtmp address with stream key or to Livestream using my login id and password. I know we can use vMix virtual capture and output to third party software ALME, Wirecast, etc. Also I see there is now an option to select two rows for input, but can you add a slider to scale the size of the input instead of just using the default settings and without changing the size of the input window too much?

PS I know vMix is growing and I love it, love it. It is the best software video mixing program out out there. Can wait to see a ton of other features. I think I want to make a significant investment in vMix. To accelerate it's development.
admin  
#23 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 1:15:28 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
Sorry for the delayed responses guys, I am currently overseas.

Melody,

1 Web Interface shows shortcuts setup in settings, if no shortcuts have been setup it will be blank.
2 FTB only blanks out the fullscreen, streaming and recordings, the active window remains so you can see what will be displayed when the FTB is disabled.

Watchfulone,

FMLE is the industry standard for streaming which is why it is recommended for use with vMix.
I could potentially automate access to FMLE from within vMix if there is enough demand for it?

Thanks for your other suggestions I will keep them in mind.
Famous Pictures  
#24 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 11:13:55 AM(UTC)
Famous Pictures

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Automating FMLE would be good. If Vmix runs it hidden, then a nice feature would be to show FMLE status - dropped frames, current bandwidth, etc.

I use FMLECMD.exe when I stream to save a little CPU usage.
dundurs  
#25 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 11:22:20 AM(UTC)
dundurs

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Honestly, I would very much prefer that Martin focussed on vMix primarly and many, many great new features to come. FMLE is working excellent with vMix as it is and can also be automated using presets and FMLECMD.
From my prespective I would like to see nice PIP borders, video delay for any input, recording of video delay pieces (game highlights), improved motion-less video (which is hard to get compared to hardware mixers), video/audio remote desktop capture, api and other great features suggested by vMix community. Adding FMLE support would mean spending time and gaining zero new features.

Dundurs
melody  
#26 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 7:19:03 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

+1 to automate access to FMLE
shaiz  
#27 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 6:56:18 AM(UTC)
shaiz

Man

+1 to automate access to FMLE
julianlee  
#28 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 11:12:55 AM(UTC)
julianlee

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi, Martin.

Well overseas trip Finish?

External output bug report:
Camera inputs and all other multimedia files "mirror" feature is selected, only the green-screen output.
Same as all vMix Virtual Device and DeckLink output.

Corrected as soon as is this possible?
We have an appointment next week, customers are DEMO.

Best,
julian lee
ber142  
#29 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2012 8:17:15 AM(UTC)
ber142

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi,

I agree with Dundurs.

Regards, Hanno
mh166  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:46:42 AM(UTC)
mh166

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
What I have tested so far works pretty good, thanks for that! Espacially for the FTB feature! :)

One thing I believe could be called "bug" (though not really one): on QWERTY one can use "z" for fading in the first source. But if you use QWERTZ it should be "y". Is there any chance you could deal with this? Either by automatically detecting the keyboard layout or at least by providing a setting for this?

Another thing that doesn't work: I defined a shortcut. "H" for "OverlayInput1 Preview". As far as I understand it, this should enable the preview source to be displayed as Overlay #1. Yet, nothing happens. Am I doing it wrong or is it really a bug?

A preset related bug: the new slideshow settings (which I'm soo thankful for!!) are unfortunately not saved in the presets. Or at least not loaded again from the set. Further I can second the bug, that images cannot be loaded from the presets anymore.

The next I'm not even sure of if it's even technically possible. I've got a PPT where there are some videos embedded and marked as to start just when the slide shows up. After the video finished, the next slide shows up. Would it be possible to have the same behaviour in vMix? At least it would be great to be able to play those videos. Stepping to the next slide could be done manually as well. But having those videos to play would be great! :)

Keep up your fantastic work! Your doing one hell of the job here! :)

Regards, mh166
admin  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2012 10:56:49 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Thanks for your suggestions.

For the OverlayInputX shortcut functions, these need to be assigned to a particular input as they don't currently work with the Preview option but this might be fixed in the next version.

I'm working on fixing all the outstanding bugs and should have an updated release soon.
mh166  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 12:45:46 AM(UTC)
mh166

Thanks for this workaround. Indeed, bound to a specific input, it does work as expected.

I'm looking forward to downloading from you. ;)

Regards, mh166
dundurs  
#33 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:34:37 AM(UTC)
dundurs

Hello, Martin,

I have come across an issue with vMix Virtual Audio capture. I have just started using it (since now it works with FMLECMD in Win XP compatibility mode) and it seems that it gathers all computer sounds (including windows, skype sounds, chrome, etc). It would be cool to route only what I have in vMix to this virtual audio device and not everything else. Under Default Audio renderer in vMix I have Default DirectSound device.
Perhaps I have misconfigured something?

Regards,
Dundurs
Luc Henrion  
#34 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2012 7:30:55 AM(UTC)
Luc Henrion

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hello Dundurs, why don't you simply mute all those useless Win sounds ???
dundurs  
#35 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2012 7:36:50 AM(UTC)
dundurs

Luc Henrion wrote:
Hello Dundurs, why don't you simply mute all those useless Win sounds ???

I did that already :) however sometimes I want to open a web page and check that live broadcast is working well and then there is sound. I can never be 100% sure that some third party software Im using in background wont destroy the sound of my live broadcast :(
admin  
#36 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2012 8:44:54 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Dundurs,

In Windows 7 you can mute all other applications by clicking the sound icon in the bottom right hand corner and clicking Mixer.
Then a list of all applications that use sound will appear and you can mute all of them from there.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
dundurs  
#37 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2012 9:13:52 AM(UTC)
dundurs

admin wrote:
Hi Dundurs,

In Windows 7 you can mute all other applications by clicking the sound icon in the bottom right hand corner and clicking Mixer.
Then a list of all applications that use sound will appear and you can mute all of them from there.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

No, my point is that I want to be able to use, for example, Chrome sound to check that live broadcast is working or check a local video file which Im planning to play in vMix (or I want to do something else not related to the actual broadcast that involves sound) and at the same time produce, encode the live broadcast using vMix Virtual Audio capture device which only uses audio mixed in vMix. Up to this moment I have been doing this successfully using VAC and now I was hoping to replace it with vMix Virtual Audio capture device because of hopefully better audio/video sync.
Luc Henrion  
#38 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2012 9:38:46 AM(UTC)
Luc Henrion

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
an external (USB) sound card would probably solve your problem if you use it only for vMix ? Just a guess...
dundurs  
#39 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2012 9:46:05 AM(UTC)
dundurs

Luc Henrion wrote:
an external (USB) sound card would probably solve your problem if you use it only for vMix ? Just a guess...

I guess I could use it to some extent. However since I have been using Virtual Audio Cable (VAC) successfuly for this, it can be done with no additional hardware :)
And we have up to 10 mobile live production sites with 2nd generation i7 cpu, which can do a lot more than just produce and encode at the same time, and I would like to take the full advantage my existing resources instead of bringing another computer or additional hardware just for other tasks.
mh166  
#40 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2012 10:00:56 AM(UTC)
mh166

By the way, one thing I forgot to mention: I'd be glad if you could implement an Fly-Out Transition. That is, one uses "Fly" Transition for bringing some information onto the screen. And after showing them you can let them "fly out". In particular, it would be nothing more than a reversed fly transition. That's why I dare to ask you for this, though features seem to be frozen. ;)

Maybe you can add this still. Would be fantastic! :)

Regards, mh166