logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AdamSXS  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 9:15:48 AM(UTC)
AdamSXS

Groups: Registered

Hi there,

To get an audio stream from a remote commentator into vmix, I am thinking of getting this:

http://www.sonifex.co.uk/prostreamer/pssend.shtml

does anyone know if there would be any problems in getting the stream into Vmix, and what kind of input type should I use?

Thank you very much

Adam Isherwood,
sportsXstream
tdurhamjr  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2015 10:36:09 AM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Adam, that system appears to be used on a local network and not a WAN. Is your remote person within the same network as your vmix setup? If they are on the same network, how close to you are they? Have you considered using skype? There are several users here that use skype video in their vMix productions and using Skype audio work as well.
AdamSXS  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2015 10:51:01 AM(UTC)
AdamSXS

tdurhamjr wrote:
Adam, that system appears to be used on a local network and not a WAN. Is your remote person within the same network as your vmix setup? If they are on the same network, how close to you are they? Have you considered using skype? There are several users here that use skype video in their vMix productions and using Skype audio work as well.

Hi tdurhamjr,

Thanks for your reply! Yes, we will be using this on a local area network that is extended with IP antennas. therefore I am quite certain it will be a better solution than Skype! also considering that we got a commentary mixer that of the same make.
tdurhamjr  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2015 1:45:57 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
If my commentator was close enough I would be inclined to use a Sennheiser Wireless mic option. My commentators are beside me but I mic up the public game announcer with the Sennheiser mic and that works great for us. I would think that if your commentators can see the game/event you are streaming it would seem that he/she/they will be close enough to use the wireless mic system. However, I can see where an event like auto/motorcycle racing, golf, etc, may not accommodate a wireless setup. If you go with your original post option, let us know how it works.

Tim