logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
north_beach  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 11:32:27 PM(UTC)
north_beach

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi, I need your help !!!
As achieved in a virtual set to the driver's hands remain on the desktop as shown in the picture?
when i work with this type of virtual set the hands are in line to the desktop, I can not I achieve as pictured.

UserPostedImage

http://subefotos.com/ver...34f86d3f078219e695co.jpg

I hope you can help me!

Greetings, North
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 10:14:48 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ north_beach

What is the nature of your 'virtual set'?
Is the desk overplayed on top of your talent? (Foreground image)
If so, you will have a hard time keying out the desktop to show the hands.
I suspect the studio in your picture is a single image (all background image) and the effect is achieved by replicating the 'virtual set' scenario in the blue screen studio.
That is, the presenter is behind a table that is covered with a table cloth that is the same color as the green/blue screen.

The Virtual Sets included with vMix use the Foreground image of a desk overlayed on the 'Talent' input and so will hide whatever portion of the input they are in front of.

Ice
richardgatarski  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2015 3:20:53 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Ice,
Can the effect as illustrated in the image North links to be accomplished with a multilayered set in vMix? If so, how?

Thanks
/richard
admin  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2015 4:25:00 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4162 time(s) in 1495 post(s)
Yes, this effect can be achieved by having the table as a part of the background layer image rather than the foreground.
So all you need is a) background layer including table and b) foreground layer which is the chroma keyed footage.

richardgatarski  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2015 6:35:59 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Thanks Martin,
Looking fwd to try this out.
IceStream  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2015 11:33:25 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ richardgatarski

"Selling" the 'illusion' is always the biggest challenge with 'Green Screen' work and why VFX Artists go to great lengths to match camera lenses and angles, lighting perspectives and colour correction in the motion picture industry. For this very reason, the television industry is a little more simplistic with it's approach and use of the effect,
[although there are some very cool high-end Augmented Reality technologies out there:
https://vimeo.com/93364476
https://vimeo.com/92926568
]
the majority of uses are limited to 'talent' keyed over a background image, usually the weather report for television, or as you are very familiar with, a sign language interpreter as a corner bug.

The simplest solution to the above 'issue' that north_beach raises is to use a "real" desk in front of your 'talent' that matches or blends well with your 'Virtual Set'.
Failing that, you need to match the relative camera angle of your set with the 'Blue/Green screen' set and have your 'talent' behind a 'mock' desk as in the picture above, then it is just a matter of placing your keyed image of your talent appropriately on the BG image to give the 'illusion' that they are behind the desk in your image (as implied earlier, this is sometimes difficult to 'sell' as the angles and lighting just don't seem right a lot of the time).
Adding a third layer overtop (as vMix does with it's 'Virtual Sets' foreground image) can totally destroy the 'illusion' if you break any of the physical laws associated with the perception of the image, like seeing the hands or papers on the desk, or worse, trying to walk out in front of the desk. When working with such overlays, you have to be very cognizant of what is possible and what is not, otherwise, the image or 'illusion' will lose it's 'magic' and scream to the viewer of it's 'fakeness'.
Using 'Virtual Sets' can be a real boon to production value when used 'creatively' and effectively, but they can also go the other way pretty quickly if the proper care and preparation is not taken in setting them up.

Ice