logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Len56  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2015 1:22:23 PM(UTC)
Len56

Groups: Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Can this be done?

As you can see in the picture below is a screen grab of a virtual set witch I will use in vMix, with a picture of HD test card in the screen to the right, eventually this will be a picture of my TV Station Ident.

This is the scenario: In the virtual set Setup button > Layer: Screen > Input: I can change the picture of the TV station Ident and input a video while the presenter is talking then play the video and then zoom in to the video, when the video is nearly finished I will then zoom out back to the presenter.
The problem is when I change from the Ident to a video and then back to the Ident it just inserts the Ident or video into the screen, so is there a way to add a fade transition to the Ident or videos into the screen instead of the Ident or video just appearing in the screen.

And is there a way to copy an input you have already made so you don't have to go through the add input setup again?
Len56 attached the following image(s):
vMix 1.jpg (17kb) downloaded 20 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2015 10:54:06 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Len56

You can sort of do this by setting up a "List" input, although a cut is the only transition AFAIK, so perhaps a request to be able to select a transition when playing a "List" is in order.
The "List" input is designed for videos, but will also 'play' images, it just wont 'stop' or freeze on them unless it is the last item in your list, so you may have to populate your list with strategically placed images (beginning and end)
Once your "List" is set-up (in your case, Station Ident image/video/Station Ident image), in the "List" edit window (right click input and select "Edit Items") tick the "Automatically Play Next Item" check box.
In your "Virtual Studio" set-up, use the "List" input as your screen.
The Virtual Studio will probably default to the video in your list so you will have to select your last Station Ident image as the start point in your "list" so that the list doesn't play when you go to it "On Air".
Once "live", you can select the first Station Ident image in your list (right click input and select first item).
When you are ready to play the video, just hit the "Quick Play" button of your Virtual Studio input and it will play all the items in your list, stopping of course on your final image.
Probably not exactly what you want or as 'automatic' as you would like, but it is somewhat "do-able".
Hope that helps...

Ice
thanks 1 user thanked IceStream for this useful post.
Len56 on 3/13/2015(UTC)
Len56  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 9:06:15 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Thanks IceStream for your input but it would be much easier if we could add a transition like a fade to so the video or picture would fade and not cut.

And has anyone got a answer to my other question: Is there a way to copy an input that I have already setup so you don't have to go through the add input setup again?

Also I have another question, I think this one is for Martin: Could it be possible in a virtual set under (Camera F M S C) to be able to change each of the zoom times, at the moment F=00.01 second, M=00.02 seconds, S=00.04 seconds and C=00.00 seconds. So in other words in the next update of version 15 could it be possible to be able to right click on each of F M S buttons and add our own timings so F could =00.04 second, M=00.08 seconds, S=00.10 seconds and then save those settings. The reason being when I use the white box next to the F M S C buttons to input my own timing like 00.10 seconds and then press one of the F M S C buttons the time that I have input is lost.
Bardos  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 9:23:34 AM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups:
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Len56 wrote:
And has anyone got a answer to my other question: Is there a way to copy an input that I have already setup so you don't have to go through the add input setup again?

Yes, all you need to do is save the setup as a preset, give it a name, and each time you load vMix, just load that preset....another thing, if you only used that preset before closing, just click on 'Last Preset', and it will reload as it was the last time you used it.....but saving the setup as a preset is the best way
Len56  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2015 10:13:27 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Bardos wrote:
Len56 wrote:

Yes, all you need to do is save the setup as a preset, give it a name, and each time you load vMix, just load that preset....another thing, if you only used that preset before closing, just click on 'Last Preset', and it will reload as it was the last time you used it.....but saving the setup as a preset is the best way

Hi Bardos,

Yes that does worked, but what I'm asking is when setting up a new preset and adding a inputs I would like to be able to copy that input I just made up.
Bardos  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2015 10:53:24 AM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups:
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
If there is a way, I have not yet figured it out...but all you need to do is open the preset you have, add another input, and save that as, using the same name, and add 1 or 2 after the name...I will try working on something to see if what you want will work....but I doubt it....
thanks 1 user thanked Bardos for this useful post.
Len56 on 3/13/2015(UTC)
IceStream  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2015 1:56:22 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ Len56

You can create a 'Virtual' input, but I am not sure if that is what you want or not, since a 'Virtual' input is still somewhat "bound" to the original and not as versatile as a duplicate instance of the same input.
A lot depends on what type of input it is and what you want to do with it.

Ice
Len56 on 3/14/2015(UTC)
Len56  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2015 2:37:49 PM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

IceStream wrote:
@ Len56

You can create a 'Virtual' input, but I am not sure if that is what you want or not, since a 'Virtual' input is still somewhat "bound" to the original and not as versatile as a duplicate instance of the same input.
A lot depends on what type of input it is and what you want to do with it.

Ice

Yes I was thinking of a virtual set input with a camera, picture for the background and a pic or video in the TV screen window then copying and pasting that input and just changing the camera to a second camera or a video in the screen.
IceStream  
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2015 9:10:02 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ Len56

Unfortunately, the "Virtual" input feature does not work for Virtual sets or any Multi-View(ed) special effects input, only the original input, so you will likely have to do things the "long" way.

Ice
Len56 on 3/14/2015(UTC)
rowby  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2016 8:32:56 PM(UTC)
rowby

Man

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Not sure if this would work.

But what about using the Append feature.

You could create a new preset only containing the one input with all of its settings. Name this preset something like master camera1 input.

Save it and close it.

Then you open up any other present and then use the append feature to add that input to any new preset.

I haven't tried this. I'm still a bit of a newbie here. But perhaps some of the more experienced vMix users can confirm if this might work.

BTW I agree that it would be nice to be able to duplicate any input -- and not as a virtual input -- but as an actual input.

But I think this workaround could be helpful? Or not -- others please chime in.

Thanks

Rowby