logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ferret_guy  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2015 12:45:02 AM(UTC)
ferret_guy

Groups: Registered

Does Vmix have a broadcast delay for catching profanity?
tdurhamjr  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2015 2:31:29 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
You can use the Video Delay as your output. If you set it to a 3 to 5 second delay. Then you can create a shortcut to mute "realtime" master volume after you hear a profanity and another shortcut to turn it back on.

By using this method, you give up a true PREVIEW and OUTPUT screen. The reason is that your DELAYED INPUT is being used as the "Output" (Live). And the DELAYED INPUT is a delay of "something" and in this case it could be a delay of the "preview" or any other actual Camera input. I would think that you would make the 'Delayed Input' a delay of the "Preview". Then you can use multiple camera views but without the use of a true "Preview" setup.

I hope this makes sense. Others may have a better solution but that is whay I would do.

Tim
tdurhamjr  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2015 3:14:36 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

So after playing with it some I realize that you can't capture "Preview" as a video delay :( You can only add "Output" or Camera Inputs as a Video Delay. So I would see the following as 2 options:

1. You can setup a Video Delay for each of your cameras. I would use a 3-5 second delay. Then you would produce your stream (program) using the Video Delay sources instead of the live Cameras. Obviously if you have alot of cameras then this may not be a an option. But if you are running 1-3 cameras, then your PC may handle this just fine.

2. Option 2 would be use 2 computers. You would produce the event as usual in Vmix and you would have to have a PC that supports at least 2 monitors. You would add the video Delay (again 3-5 seconds). You then set FULLSCREEN to use this "Video Delay" input. This would be sent out via HDMI and into your second PC which would actual push the stream up. You could use Adobe FME or Open Broadcaster, or just use the free version of vMix since you are not doing any mixing and only pushing up your stream.

In either of these scenarios you would have a shortcut to cut the master audio or tone-out the profanity.

Tim
ferret_guy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2015 3:16:56 PM(UTC)
ferret_guy

Is there something we can do to blank the video or switch to another output if something happens?
tdurhamjr  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2015 7:40:10 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Yes you can. I am not sure what type of production this is but if profanity and obscenity are two things you are concerned with then you can have a live camera of the audience or some other aspect of the event and you could switch to that live camera if an obscenity occurs but leave the audio. You could also switch to an "audience camera AND a differnt MIC instead of bleeping a second or two out. I don't know what you are exactly trying to accomplish.

Are you trying to simply cover an oscenity or change to another camera view?

A little more info would be helpful like how many cameras you are you using, any crowd cameras, how many mics, etc.

Tim
pinkimp  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2015 12:01:41 AM(UTC)
pinkimp

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
It's not very easy to accomplish effectively, the easier of the options is to have another computer to output to and you can set a long delay on where the person sitting on the vMix PC will monitor language and this can be switched on the other PC due to the delay set (15-30 seconds works well).
ferret_guy  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2015 12:08:35 AM(UTC)
ferret_guy

We have a few network streams and 1 hdmi capture, the output will be a network stream, I like the idea of a second computer to monitor, possibly have the main output go to another computer that also has the camera streams switch to those if needed.