logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bckevin  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 7, 2015 7:01:49 PM(UTC)
Bckevin

Groups: Registered

Anyone having issues with Magewell losing the signal? I keep losing it after about 1 1/2 hours all video from it goes green....
tdurhamjr  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2015 5:03:13 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
I run two of them simultaneous on my MSI laptop with no issues. The stream times varied from 1.5 hours to about 3 1/2 hours. Capture is from Sony at 720p.
jttacj1  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2015 10:25:59 AM(UTC)
jttacj1

I am having the same issue with the Magewell XI006AUSB I bought this week.

I am using it with an ASUS ROG G751JT-DH72: Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.5GHz (Turbo up to 3.5GHz) Haswell, 16GB DDR3L (1600 MHz), 1TB 7200RPM + 256GB SSD, NVidia GTX970M 3GB GDDR5, DL DVDRW/CD-RW, 802.11AC, Bluetooth, Windows 8.1.

I have Sony EVI-D70 cameras plugged into the Magewell.

I have seen it lose the video signal and goto green in as little at 5 minutes.

I have also seen it take as much as 13 hours to lose signal.

Generally the loss has been in the sub hour timeframe.

In addition to the input going green clicking the statistics button shows that all frames are being dropped with roughly 30 frames being dropped every second.

I have noticed that the ports that do not have a camera attached continue to display the Magewell message that "NO SOURCE IS DETECTED" on top of color calibration bars.

Only ports with actual camera's attached lose signal.

I tried unplugging and reconnecting the USB cable - this does not bring the camera's back.

Next I hit the Close Preset and then Last Preset buttons - this restores the video signal - but of course is not a viable option while streaming.

I also tested this in WireCast and didn't seem to see any drops - this suggests he problem might be XI006AUSB -> vMix specific.

Thanks for your help - assistance greatly appreciated.
Ash  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2015 5:17:59 PM(UTC)
Ash

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Yes I had a similar incident this weekend. Setup for a game 2 hours before Kick off and had the system running all ok. But 20 min before live stream noticed that cam input had frozen with a half green screen. Thought I may have dislodged power or the TB cable. Checked cam and cables. And reset TB external PCI box and eventually got it going using another port SDI-2.

The SDI options had completely disappeared from the input cam selection.

Using ASUS ROG and XI400DE-SDI

I might give it another test this week and we will see.

Ash
admin  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2015 6:07:03 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4166 time(s) in 1497 post(s)
Hi Guys,

There are new drivers and firmware from late last year on the Magewell web site for both the XI006AUSB
and the XI400DE, so installing these first might be the best way to solve this issue.

You can also check the vMix log files in Documents\vMixStorage to see if there are any error messages
that match when the frames stop.

vMix uses the same Directshow drivers from Magewell as all other software, including Wirecast, so my guess
is the difference might be to do with using the 64bit version of vMix verses the 32bit version of Wirecast and thus
connecting to the Magewell device differently.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

jttacj1  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2015 11:39:38 PM(UTC)
jttacj1

Hi Martin,

Thanks for following up.

The XI006AUSB did not come with a disk so I downloaded the drivers from the Magewell website this week when I installed.

I would have upgraded the firmware but I was unable to find the AmCap.exe they reference as being included on the CD that I didn't receive so not sure how to do that.

I will check the logs to see if I can find anything there - if nothing jumps out perhaps I can forward a copy to you to review.

with regards to Wirecast potentially being 32bit and thus connecting to the Magewell device differently, are you suggesting that running the 32 bit version of vMix may resolve the issue?

Thanks again.

James
raystream  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2015 9:56:54 PM(UTC)
raystream

Yep mine has a green noise left of frame after about 15 minutes use. The manufacturers wont replace only repair. Or I can buy a new one for a discount price. Very disappointing after sales service.
zenvideo  
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2015 1:17:50 PM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
jttacj1 wrote:
I would have upgraded the firmware but I was unable to find the AmCap.exe they reference as being included on the CD that I didn't receive so not sure how to do that.

You don't explicitly need Amcap (which you can download from various places - just Google it), you only need something that allows you to open the Magewell Property (i.e. Settings) Panel, which you can do from vMix, Adobe FMLE, etc. The button for updating the firmware is on the first tab of the Property Panel.