logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admin  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2015 3:14:08 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4145 time(s) in 1490 post(s)
vMix 15 Preview (15.0.0.55) has been posted to the main forum and includes a number of instant replay improvements and bug fixes.

http://forums.vmix.com.au/default.aspx?g=posts&m=15110&#post15110

Please note that only bug fixes will be added to vMix 15 going forward. Any feature requests will only be considered for future releases.

Help File

http://www.vmixhd.com/replayhelp/

Notable Changes

* A number of additional shortcuts have been added. See the help file for more information.
* Scroll wheel will now only control slow motion while Shift key is pressed, this is to avoid accidentally changing the speed.
* Fixed a number of aspect ratio / camera selection bugs
* Fixed UI resizing bugs, some controls may now be hidden if no space is available

Regards,

Martin
vMix
HighViewSport  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2015 8:04:30 PM(UTC)
HighViewSport

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the update. Have just done a short test. Findings with my test setup of - Two cameras for replay, separate monitor for replay operator:

1. Created a new event in live mode, Tick the two red squares for each camera angle to replay, Double click new event to play out to program. Found that only second camera angle replay plays on large windows on separate replay interface. Both camera angles play out to program but only camera (2) shows on large window Once reply is over the large windows return back to live again. Is this a bug? Should both or all angles show up in large window when replaying to program?

2. Notice no live or recorded mode indicator?

3. Notice I cant mark an in-point or out-point or set predetermined event times of -5, -10, -15 replay while not in live mode or the current live action?

Hope these help.
admin  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2015 11:28:45 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Thanks for the feedback.

1. Can you describe this in a bit more detail? The replay interface monitors will continue to show whatever camera angle is set by the 1,2,3,4 buttons
down the bottom of the interface, with the first monitor switching between the angles just as it does on the program out.

2. Can you see the Live button at the top? I decided against a separate button for recorded as it just ended up looking confusing.

3. Can you describe this in more detail? How are you marking in/out?

Thanks,

Martin
vMix
HighViewSport  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 1:49:17 AM(UTC)
HighViewSport

Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Here you go Martin:

1. Ok, In live mode, replay windows function as they should do. They show camera angle 1 (left window) and show camera angle 2 (right window) I can change to different camera angles if need be.
Now, I create a new event using the -10 sec button.
I click in square box for camera angle 2 (turns red) so both camera 1 and camera 2 will be replayed.
I then double click on the new event to push it straight to program out.
Camera angle 1 plays in program out then camera angle 2 plays in program out. All fine for now.
At the same time. On the replay interface, windows A and B are showing both live camera feeds while camera angle 1 is replaying, but when camera angle 2 plays back, the large windows switch to show camera angle 2 playing. Once camera angle 2 finishes in, both windows return back to live feeds and show the live camera angles again.
If I deselect camera angle 1 (box now black) and double click event to again push to program, camera angle 2 plays in program and also plays in replay windows, Again when replay finishes they switch back to showing live feeds.

2. Cool, that's fine :)

3. While in live mode, I use the presets -5, -10 and -20 sec buttons most of the time to create an event. the events save fine. They work perfectly.
I thought you you were working on an update that add some extra shortcuts if operators want to directly mark in /out in live or recorded mode without switching modes.
Were you going to add another set of presets?
admin  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 5:20:38 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

I've just updated the download link above to 15.0.0.58 which includes fixes to point number #1.

As for additional shortcuts, they have been added but you will need to assign a shortcut key to them.
Full details of the new shortcuts are in the help file

http://www.vmixhd.com/replayhelp/
Grimble  
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2015 1:51:13 PM(UTC)
Grimble

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I've had some trouble adding in RTSP streams as replay sources. Even though VLC reports them as YUC, I get "<stream> video format must be YUV. Source is reporting format NV12 12 842094158". Any thoughts? I've sent an error report.
Grimble  
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2015 1:52:53 PM(UTC)
Grimble

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Ah nevermind, I just saw in the help file that you're only supporting directly attached cameras. That's a shame. :/